i. the last chimera

" I find him, and I'm killing him

" I find him, and I'm killing him. "

»»———-  ———-««

Reya's eyes open slowly and she blinks to adjust to the bright sun. She's walking outside of her house, but she doesn't remember being there.

Her body is moving without her telling it to as she heads for her car at the curb. She seems to be in a sort of daze that only her limbs aren't a part of.

She rounds to the drivers side of her car, which was a dark blue Toyota Camry, before grabbing the handle. Just before she could get in, her phone starts to ring.

Reya drops the handle and she pulls her phone out of her back pocket to check the caller before answering it.

Theo

The Chandra girl furrows her eyebrows in confusion. She doesn't remember this. When did this happen? And why couldn't she control her movements.

She swipes her finger to answer it, her body not giving it a second thought.

"Hey, Theo, what's up?" Reya's voice says.

"I'm so sorry." Theo replies.

"Are you cancelling on me? You're the one who suggested we go to the movies, Theo. Said you wanted to make friends." Reya replies.

In her head, Reya has absolutely no idea what is going on.

Theo sighs on the other end of the line. "I tried to stop them, Reya, I really did. I'm so sorry for everything that's about to happen."

"Theo, what the hell are you on about?" Reya nervously chuckled. "Tried to stop who?"

"You're not going to remember this, but I need to tell you I never wanted this to happen." Theo continued. "You actually tried to be my friend, you've tried really hard, and I know I won't be able to fix it after everything. I need you to know that I genuinely wanted us to be friends."

Reya knew what was going on, but the Reya in this very moment still was confused.

She was starting to get anxious, standing up straight and heart beating quickly. "Theo, tell me what's going on."

"Did you know that you're a genetic chimera?" Theo asked in a quiet voice.

"What? No, I'm not." Reya didn't understand.

"We got a hold of your medical papers, Reya. You had a liver transplant when you were six." Theo explained.

Reya blinked, still standing idly outside of her car. "How the hell would I have a liver transplant and not know about it?"