vii. visionary

Asher Lewis' life was crumbling to pieces

Asher Lewis' life was crumbling to pieces. Anyone and everyone that interacted with her could tell something was wrong. But it wasn't just wrong, it was heartbreaking. And she was dead serious.

Her life was crumbling to pieces.

How do you deal with the fact that a man you have trusted and cared for almost your entire life murders your father? Sure, Ennis isn't her biological father, but that doesn't matter. He was her dad and he was murdered. So how in the hell is Asher supposed to deal with that?

Revenge, of course.

And by that she means betraying Deucalion and everything he stands for.

--------------------

Walking up to the building her and the pack lived in, Asher had to keep telling herself to stay calm. She was angry, very angry, but she doubted Kali or the twins knew what Deucalion had done and she didn't want to hurt the wrong people. The girl pulled the door open, walking into the lobby.

"Oh, Asher!" Someone around her called, catching her attention.

"Hmm?" Asher hummed as she turned to her left.

It was Allison.

"Allison, hey." She greeted halfheartedly.

She knew the Argent had heard about what her pack had done, and Asher really didn't need to listen to it right now.

"You okay?" Allison asked her, a smile on her face. "You look lost."

Asher just looked at her, her brows furrowed. "No, not really."

"Oh, well, anything I can do?" Allison put her hand on the girls arm.

Asher closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Sorry." Allison retracted her hand, a guilty look on her face.

The lion shook her head. "It's not you, I just really don't want to hear the whole "you killed Boyd" thing right now." She huffed, looking into Allison's eyes.

Allison gave her a confused look. "But you didn't."

Now she was confused. "Well, I know I didn't kill anyone, but I figured you all would blame me. Being the enemy and all." Asher tilted her head, jaw clenched.

Allison chuckled. "I know what it's like to do bad things for family, Asher."

Asher had a look on her face. One mixed with sadness, anger and even a small smile. "I know."