Chapter 37: A Familiar Figure

I don't know how I should process this. All this information is just... too big. I hop on my bed after dinner, and from there and then, I finally felt the tiredness I felt for the past few days of searching something that I don't even know about.

If I didn't tell Buns about it, if I didn't asked for his help would I still be able to find these answers that I just got? It still feel so weird and so hard.

°°°

“My mother was a witch. She's not someone who has elemental power, she was blessed with mana, but what she do with it is to use black magic,” Lily said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, black magic is not a magic but simply a spell that you can cast using your mana through a stick, and at first it has helped people who has no elemental power live. Not only after Glacious Gregorio Rowan IV was attacked by a witch and used black magic at him. That is when everyone realized, that the more you use black magic who's language is the language of the Devil, will turn you into a devil,” she stopped. She take a breath before continuing.

“The fourth King banned Black Magic and proceeds on burning all of the books containing the black language and all of the Books which contains spell for Black Magic,” she stopped again. Her hands formed into a fist and she is hesitating to go even further.

“It’s alright, Lily. You don’t have to tell me even further if you don’t want to. I understand,” I said and touch her hand. She looked at me and smiled.

“I’m sorry, My Lady. It’s just that, there is more into it than you could think of. Black magic affects my family so much that we lost our assets and home, and through black magic, we also found hope. But, I really can’t tell you all of the details, not now,” she added. I smiled at her and nodded.

“The information you gave me is more than enough. Thank you,” I answered. I was about to let go of her hands when she held it so tight and directly looked into my eyes.

“I beg of you, My Lady. Please do not go into further. Do not indulge yourself even further with anything about Black Magic, it's too dangerous,” she begged and tears starts to fall from her eyes. I hurriedly held her tight and wiped her tears away.

She kept on begging and begging and won't listen to any words I said. I asked Buns to take Lily back to her room and let her rest after falling asleep from crying an hour later.

°°°

“I don’t want make Lily worried, but I need to find out the reason why this, why is this happening to me,” I murmured. Not too long after carefully thinking what I should do tomorrow, and where I should start, I found the perfect place and will proceed to continue my research there tomorrow.

Pagpikit ko sa aking mga mata ay agad naman akong nakarating sa aking panaginip, at kagaya ng mga nakatabang panaginip, nandito na naman ang dalawang babae. Ngayon ay medyu nag-iba ang kanilang mga postura, sapagkat medyu naging bata ang mga ito.

Wala akong naririnig na boses, ngunit alam kung nag-uusap ang mga ito, mukhang nag sisigawan pa. Aalis na sana ang medyu maliit na babae ngunit hinawakan ng mas mataas na babae ang kaniyang kamay upang pigilan ito.

Mayroon itong sinasabi, lumapit ako ng kaunti upang mabasa ko ang kaniyang bibig at kung ano ang sinasabi nito. Ngunit sa tuwing lumalapit ako ay lumalayo naman ang mga ito sa akin.

Hindi ko na lalo pang naiintindihan ang mga nangyayari sapagkat bigla na lamang sumakit ang aking ulo at ang huling nakita ko ay ang pag-alis ng babae at dinaanan lang ang isang maliit na batang mayroong dala-dalang cupcake.

Nawalan ako ng malay doon, at nagising naman ako sa totoong mundo. Napaka-ikli ng panaginip na iyon, at kumpara sa mga nagdaang panaginip ay walang iyakan ang nagaganap doon, at medyu maliwanag kumpara sa mga nakaraang panaginip.

“Mayroon pang nadagdag na nilalang,” bulong ko. Tama, bago ako mawalan ng malay doon ay mayroon akong makitang bata, at base sa magarang kasuotan nito ay babae iyun at mayroon pang dala-dalang cupcake.

Ang akin lamang ipinagtataka, ay kumpara sa ibang dalawang babae, tanging mga mata lamang ng bata ang hindi ko makita dahil na rin sa mataas na bangs nito, ngunit klarong-klaro ang kaniyang mukha. Kitang-kita ko pa kung paano nawala ang kaniyang ngiti ng hindi siya pinansin Ng babaeng umalis at dinaanan lamang siya.

Agad naman akong tumayo upang maligo at iwinaglit nalang ang panaginip na iyon, sapagkat marami pa akong kailangan gawin sa araw na ito. Kinakailangan mayroon akong mahanap na libro na patungkol sa itim na salita.

“Where are you going, Ate Pin?” Lala asked when I was about to open the door to leave.

“Oh, I have something to do outside,” I answered her.

“Is that so? Can I come?” she asked again. I chuckled at her and shake my head.

“It’s an important event, Lala. I’ll take you out to the village with Lulu next time, okay?” I said and stoke her head. She nodded and ran towards where Lulu is standing.

I left the Marquessate and went to the village to find a bookstore that sells books, and hoping that I will find the book that I am looking for.

“How was Lily, Buns?” I asked my personal butler. Buns decided to join me in my research to guard me. He is worried for my sake after hearing what Lily said yesterday and the way she cried and beg.

“She’s fine, she even begged to come with us, but good thing I stopped her,” he answered. I nodded at him and looked outside the window.

It's good thing that Lily did not join us, she needs to take a rest. While looking outside nonchalantly, all of the hair in my body instantly rose up when I saw a very familiar figure.

The girl who I saw on my dreams is standing outside, still wearing that glamorous violet dress, and violet hair that has a long bangs that covers her eyes, but instead of a cupcake, she's holding a teddy bear.

She raised her teddy bear and showed it to me, could be saying she wants to play. I hurriedly told the coachman to stop and gets out of the carriage to get to the little girl, but she runs away and I instantly followed her.

‘What is he doing here? How come? Why did she called me, but then run? Who is she? Why does she look so familiar to me now? Where is she taking me?’

tamadsiakuma. ♡