Chapter 12: Nobles' Gazes

THE MOMENT I stepped in inside the banquet hall which were very noisy just a while ago, become very cold and quite

THE MOMENT I stepped in inside the banquet hall which were very noisy just a while ago, become very cold and quite. Ever nobles gazes turns to me as the sound of my stellitous filled the quite banquet room.

I don't know why people's gazes are at me, a young lady of the marquess from the south. I believe it is my first time attending such banquet as I occupy Despina's body. I'm sure that I didn't do anything that would give them the right to glare at me, so what's with their glares?

I may be, and really feeling nervous today because I will be having my first banquet in this world, and with this body, and the host is the great duchy family of the Rowan Empire, Poviour Family.

I am also excited to make friends and create many memories with them as I try to walk a thorny path to save my soul from the depths of hell where I'll burn forever.

'Can't anyone come up to me and explain why the heck are they glaring at me? How I wish Bun or Lily are here,'

"Isn't that Lady Despina?"

"I heard the crown prince hit her with her own baseball bat!"

"Gosh, is that really true?"

"How shameful of her to just show up in such gatherings?"

"She's here to get a hold of the crown prince, that's for sure,"

"Her personality is so nasty. She should be the one to die rather than her."

"Hush! We are not supposed to talk about that! Do you want to die!?"

"She's so beautiful, but no guys would want her because she's crazy,"

"Apparently, she's a witch,"

Ang kaninang kaba at pagtataka na nararamdaman ko ay biglang napalitan ng galit at inis nang marinig ko ang bulungan ng mga tao sa aking paligid.

Do they really intend me to hear their insults? Why can't they just lower their voice and chatter about me all they want as long as I don't hear it? Is their no law in this empire that states about not gossiping about a person with their normal voice volume and when the subject of their topic is present?

I want to punch everyone's faces to relieved my anger. I can't say I don't understand how their feeling regarding about me head over heals with the crown prince, but the fact that they started calling me names infuriates me.

'I better get some food. I don't want to cause any trouble on my missions' banquet.' I need to show him a good first impression after all. I choose let their insults slide just this once for the sake of my life and promise to get revenge on these social pets, sooner enough.

I was about to head to the table where the food is being placed, but stopped on my track when someone called out my name. Napatingin ako sa aking likod at nakita ang isang lalaki naglalakad papunta sa akin.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang aking isasagot sa kaniyang pagtawag sa akin o kung ano ang aking sasabihin gayong nakatayo ito sa aking harap at nakatingin lang sa akin. Nagsimula na naman akong kabahan sapagkat hindi ko kilala ang lalaking ito!!

'Bakit niya ba ako tinawag!?'

"How may I help you?" tanong ko sa kaniya. I tried my best not to sound nervous. Para namang may nag-snap sa hangin at nanlaki ang mga mata nito at mabilis na umiling-iling.

I can't believe someone really approached me. Is he planning to embarrass me in fornt of the prying eyes of these nobles? If he does, then I will not have a choice but to fight!

Tinabunan nito ang kaniyang bibig gamit ang kaniyang kaliwang kamay bago tumingin sa ibang direksyon at huminga ng malalim. Matapos ang ilang minuto ay tumikhim ito at tumingin sa akin.

"How are you feeling, Despina?" His crystal green eyes reflects a worried expression while looking at me. First name bases, no honorifics or titles. Is this guy, someone who's close with Despina?

"You are pertaining to...?" balik na tanong ko sa kaniya. Kumunot naman ang kaniyang noo at ang kaninang nag-aalalang ekspresyon, ay nabahiran ng pagtataka.

"The incident about you, and the crown prince,"

"Is that so? I'm fine,"

Hindi ko maiwasan ang hindi ma-ilang sapagkat matindi ang kaniyang titig sa akin at tila ba mayroong bagay suyang nakikita na hindi ko nakikita sa aking sarili.

"Are you... Despina?" Napa-atras ako dahil sa kaniyang biglaang katanungan. Hindi ko inaasahan ang tanong na iyon kung kaya't talagang nagulat ako.

'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT THE HELL?'

"W-What do you mean?" I asked. Unti-unti na naman akong kinakain ng sobrang kaba dahil sa kaniyang katanungan. Maraming nga senaryong nabubuo sa aking isipan patungkol sa kung ano ang mangyayari sa akin sa orad na malaman niyang hindi nga ako si Despina.

Puno ng mga nobles ang loob ng banquet, and things will not end peacefully once everyone find out tonight, at this very moment, that the young lady of Swertuanfel family who's currently standing inside the banquet room is not the true Despina. Worse, I'll be killed instantly!

"You seem to have change, your expression, the way you speak, even your clothes is different!" He exclaimed in a low voice. He is suspeciuos of me, but doesn't want to get anyone's attention.

I'm glad he didn't choose to create a scene here, because if he did, he'll be surely pinned on the floor, covered with his own blood.

The nobles' eyes are still prying at me and so, I stood straight and looked at the man.

"Follow me," usal ko sa kaniya bago tumalikod at nagtungo sa pinakadulong bahagi ng banquet room kung saan walang tao.

"The incident about the crown prince results to amnesia," agad na usal ko sa kaniya nang masigurong walang tao sa paligid. Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ng lalaki, hindi makapaniwala.

"You mean, you lost your memories?" He asked, I nodded. "All of them?" He asked again, and I nodded.

"I lost every memories I have, from the past. That's why forgive me if I am acting out of my character," I was about to bow in front of him when he grab my arm and stopped me.

"You shouldn't be doing that, Despina. We are friends," usal niya.

"You believe in my words?" I asked.

"Of course. I mean, you would have greeted me the moment you stepped inside the banquet room. You would've never wear a dress in a banquet, and you would never attend a banquet. Of amnesia isn't the reason why, then you might not be the real Despina and is occupying her body," He playfully answered while giggling.

Napalunok naman ako sa kaniyang huling sinabi, 'Well, you are not wrong,' sagot ko sa kaniya sa aking isipan. How I wish I could say that to him.

tamadsiakuma. ♡