Epilogue

“Why do you have to do that?” The question lingers in my head

“Why do you have to do that?” The question lingers in my head. It was the last words I heard before my vision turns black.  I opened my eyes.

I didn't die, right?

I survived the war, right?

We won the war, right?

White. All I can see is white. I stood up from lying, and looked around. All white. ‘This place looked pretty familiar, yet I can't think of where or when I saw this familiar place.’

“How are you, Despina?” Napatingin ako sa aking likuran ng biglang mayroon nalamang nagsalita. Behind me is a little boy, flying.

I squinted my eyes at him. He looked pretty familiar. He looked like an angel, a baby boy angel actually. Upon staring at him for almost three minutes, a bulb suddenly lit up inside my head.

“Aha! Jhonson!” I exclaimed. Now I finally remember. This place is the place of void, and this angel in front of me is Jhonson, the one who claimed to be the messenger of the Gods and the one who I met after I died in my previous life.

“Ahahaaha. I'm glad that you still remember me, Despina,” natatawang sagot niya sa akin.

“Did I... die... Jhonson?” nag-aalinlangang tanong ko. Alam ko naman talagang patay na ako. Who wouldn't if you we're shot straight to your heart with a dark magic?

“Yes. Yes you did, Despina," he answered, smiling at me.

My tears immediately fall down from my eyes, down to my cheek. I already know that I died. But it still hurts, dying hurts, but what hurts more is the fact that I won't be able to see the family that I grew close with in that life. I won't be able to be with the one I love.

“I didn't fail your mission, right? I succeeded, right?” I asked Jhonson again, sobbing really hard. I already died, I don't know what I would feel anymore if Jhonson we're to tell me that I failed the mission and will be sent to hell.

“You don't have to worry, Despina. You succeeded the mission and bought peace into the world. I am so proud of you,” he answered. Para akong nabunutan ng munting tinik sa aking puso ng marinig ko ang kaniyang sagot.

‘Thank God. Thank God I we're able to save the people in that world,’ I mumbled inside my head. I won't be able to see the people I grew close with anymore, as long as I know that they are safe, I think that would be enough for me to be at ease.

“Are you ready, Despina?” tanong sa akin ni Jhonson. Mabilis kong pinahiran ang aking mga luha gamit ang likod ng aking kamay, at tumayo ng matuwid sa harapan ni Jhonson.

Tanging tango lamang ang aking ginawa sapagkat, pakiramdam ko, sa oras na ibuka ko ang aking bibig ay iiyak na naman ulit ako.

“Since you have succeed with the mission that was given to you, you will not be sent to hell. You we're going to have Despina's life, completely. Unfortunately, you died. And there is nothing we can do about it," lintaya niya. Tumango ako sa kaniyang sinabi. I already know the fact that if I were to succeed, I can fully have Despina's body, and won't be sent to hell.