Chapter 43: Truth Untold

The study room is filled with silence and only the sound of rain can only be heard

The study room is filled with silence and only the sound of rain can only be heard. Our voices seems like it vanished all of a sudden at a heartbeat.

I just fixed my gaze at the marquess, waiting for him to explain everything to me. From the very beginning. The reason why his wife and eldest daughter is hidden inside the green house. The reason why he hid this to us all, or maybe to me. The reason why Lily got into the conclusion that I opened the Demon realm. I just wanna know everything, or I might go crazy at this point.

“You need to explain this to me, Father. I don't understand any of it,” pagmamakaa-awa ko sa kaniya. Mabilis naman itong napatingin sa akin ng may lungkot na ekspresyon bago tumalikod.

Dahan-dahan itong naglakad papunta sa kaniyang malaking bintana at pinagmasdan ang malakas na ulan. Hindi ko siya kinulit, hinintay ko siyang mag-isip muna bago sabihin sa aking lahat.

‘I need to be patient, I’m not the previous Despina. I'm the new one. And the previous Despina might already know what happened and what this issue is all about, but not me and I need answers,’

Sa kabila ng malakas na ingay ng ulan ay rinig na rinig ko ang pagbuntong hininga ni Marquess ngunit patuloy pa rin siyang nakatingin sa labas. Ilang minuto pa ang lumipas, nagsalita siya.

“You were still very young at that time, as well as your older brother and sister. Those two really loves adventure, so when they reached adulthood, they set an adventure and went from places to places. Every end of the year, they would return home to be with us and would bring a lot of things from their adventure, it was nice stuffs. They had so much fun, and I'm happy for them. On the fourth year when they return home, your older sister didn't just brought some things from their adventures, but he bought a man he met which she fell in love with and planned to marry,” kuwento ni Marquess. Tumingin naman ito sa akin bago naglakad papunta sa kaniyang upuan upang umupo.

“We don’t know the origin of this boy, and your older brother might know his name, but he don't know him. Your older sister said that she and your older brother would be dead by now if it weren't for him, saving them from the attack of a half dozens of bears, in one of their adventures. After a year, your older brother decided to join the magic tower to study magic, while your sister married the unknown man and love with us.

“After 5 years, we discovered the truth about your older sisters husband. He, was a demon who corrupted your sisters being, she knew about it, but she doesn't care. She was madly in love with this guy that when he left her and return back to the demon world, she almost destroyed out home.” I was shock, and speechless. Is this supposed to be real? Something like this really happens?

“She discovered your mother’s origin, and that is your mother was a witch who has the ability to open the door of hell where the demons live. When your mother did not not help her, she proceeds to find another witch, and that Lily's mother. Lily’s mother was a close friend of your mom since childhood, and she doesn't want to do it, but Lily was taken hostage.

“Your older sister, succeeded in obtaining the power to open the door of hell. She let the demons let loose just because of a man scheme, and she fell for it. It was the man plan all along, to make your sister fell for him, leave her, and then let her open the door for his kind. The Kingdom was filled with chaos once more because if this.

“Your mother and Lily's mother took action on stopping your older sister. No one, except for withes who has the ability of black magic can once again close the door of hell. Lily's mother died in the process of stopping your older sister and defeating the demons, while your mother choose to give her life in keeping your older sister.

“In the end, we all succeeded. With the help of everyone in the empire, we managed to defeat the demons who got out, and stopped your elder sister. The Emperor, ordered for both your mother and older sister dead, I was opposed, in the inside. I don't want your mother and sister to die, so I decided to hide them away. Your mother planned everything, opposite to what I suggested. She said that she will keep your older sister asleep until the demons magic fully leaves her system, in return, she will give her life.

“She wants to continue loving in this house, Despina. I love your mother and older sister so much, so I agreed with your mother. She'll die, but your sister will be saved. They are shown in the public, and was executed. Everyone thought it's them, but it's not. I begged the Emperor and retrieve their body, and kept it inside the the greenhouse. The greenhouse was both your mother, and older sisters favorite place. We often have tea in there,” He cried. The Marquess cried. The mention of her first wife and first daughter bought back horrible memories for him, and I can feel it.

I may not be the real Despina, I may not be the one experiencing it, but I can somehow feel the pain he is in and cried as well, overwhelmed with these informations.

“Before your mother died, she begged me not to let you inside the greenhouse no matter what and erase your memory of the events. You have a witch blood, your older sister knows that. Your older sister made you the key, and that the moment you entered the Greenhouse, she'll wake up along side with the door to hell opening as well,” muling lintaya niya.

“But the greenhouse is already opened when I got there. The back of the greenhouse is even destroyed. Sisters body is nowhere to be found!” sagot ko.

“And if mother is still alive, and that sister is now awake, shouldn't we go to mother!?’ sigaw ko habang nakaturo sa pinto.

Umiling si Marquess habang umiiyak, hindi tumingin sa akin.

“Why aren't you saying anything? It we want to save my sister and stop the demons, we need mother! Father!” malakas na tawag ko sa kaniya. Nagmamakaawa.

“Your mother is dead, Despina. She dies long time ago. Your mother continued giving your sister her life so that your sister will keep her sanity and to be cured, and now she's just a soulless body who has black energy left to keep your sister asleep. And since you entered the Greenhouse, your mother's effort has been wasted. The Empire will be destroyed, and it's all my fault. I should’ve just killed your sister. I love her, she's my first princess, but I should’ve done what's best for the Empire, I should’ve done it,” sagot nito sa akin habang umiiyak at pinapalo ang kaniyang dibdib, sinisisi ang sarili.

Tuluyan nang nawalan ng sigla ang aking buong katawan at napa-upo ako sa sahig. My mind and body wasn't able to take the truth that the Marquess has been keeping all these years.

‘This can’t be the mission that I need to win. I can't win this fight. I... I... I don't think I can win this,’