Chapter 42: The Key to the Demon Realm

“What do you even mean by that? What demon realm? What are you talking about?” tanong ko sa kaniya

“What do you even mean by that? What demon realm? What are you talking about?” tanong ko sa kaniya. I'm slowly losing my balance by what she just said.

‘This can’t be real,’

“The demon realm, My Lady. The demon realm is starting to open, in about half an hour now, a swarm of blood thirsty and destructible beings will emerge from this world, and bring this empire into ruins. I thought it's just an ancient myth, but it's true,” sagot niya. Maging si Lily ay hindi na rin kalmado. Hanggang ngayon ay tumingin-tingin pa rin siya sa paligid na para bang may hinahanap na kung ano.

“Lily I still don't understand. What is this myth that you’re talking about? What does that have to do with the greenhouse? With my sister?” muling tanong ko sa kaniya.

This information. Why does the Messenger of the Gods never told me about this? What is this scenario? Why is there a demon? Why does have to occur now? I still have a lot to do and a lot to prepare for the upcoming war I was assigned to win to.

‘Wait. Now that I think about it. The messenger of the Gods never mentioned what war I need to be part of and win. Does that mean...,’

“Oh my god. This can't be! This can't be it,” naguguluhan na lintaya ko.

Ever since I came to this world, all I ever felt are weirdness and secrets, a lot of them. From the Greenhouse, the random dreams, and places like Lavana. What is Lavana anyway? I have tried searching for it in history and geographic books, but nothing was mentioned about the place.

“My lady, we don't have much time. Please, let's leave,” pagmamakaa-awa ni Lily sa akin. Mabilis naman akong umiling sa kaniya bago pinulot ang mga libro at tumayo ng tuwid.

“No, Lily. I won't leave. If what you are saying is true, then I need to tell father. I have a family I need to protect. Now call all of the knights and servants to the main hall,” utos ko kay Lily at mabilis na umalis sa kaniyang harapan, hindi na siya pinakikinggan.

Lily is still a child, way more young than me. She's just scared, and so am I. But as much as I want to leave and do what she suggested, I cannot do that. Not when I know that this world is bound to be destroyed.

What Lily mentioned is still not sinking into my head fully, and I am still trying to think and putting all of the puzzles together in regards with what was my mission supposed to really.

When the messenger of the gods said that I only and simply need to win the war, I thought it would be wars between two lands, between men's, it's beyond my imagination that it would be men versus demons.

For Pete's sake, will this land be able to defeat the demons? I hope so. Where is Father anyway?

I hurriedly opened the door to enter the Marquessate and servants who were just minding their business turns their heads on me and was shocked.