Chapter 40: Secret of the Greenhouse

I closed my eyes shut and breathe in for seconds before breathing out, and open the door of my father's study room wide. I was ready to face him, but he is not inside.

The irony. Whenever I wanted to see him, he is in his study, busy reading off of those paper that doesn't seem to decrease, but increased instead by the day.

I went inside and closed the door. I clasp my hands together at my back and happily strode towards his table. This was my favorite place to have some fun, as this is the place where mama and papa used to hangout as well. Not to have some fun, but to do some work.

My older siblings were never around as they have their own worlds and interest that they don't want to play with me at all. So, instead of being left alone, I prefer to be in a room with another presence even though they have their own world.

This study room was my paradise back then, not until after mama died. Papa totally shuts me out of this room and even refuse to let me in no matter how hard I cry and bang my little hands on the door.

I smiled sadly, reminiscing the past is such a sad thing to do, especially if the past is not that good to reminisce of. I stopped in front of his desk and placed the teddy bear he bought me long ago. It was my very much favorite stuffed toy and no one can never replaced it, ever!

“I think you will not remember this thing, Papa. But, I hope when you see it, you won't throw it and just, leave it as it be. Hide it anywhere inside your study, as long as it stays here,” bulong ko habang nakatingin sa teddy bear.

I was about to leave when I suddenly remember something. So I took it out if my hidden pocket and placed it beside the teddy bear. It's a letter I wrote before I died. Thank God it is still in my possession.

“I’m sad I won't be able to hug you nor talk to you for the last time, Papa. I guess, destiny wouldn't allow us to meet at all. Such cruelty, don't you think? Anyway, I'll be leaving now. I'll be leaving, and I won't be coming back at all.

“Well, technically the real me won't comeback, or my soul. But you'll have a new daughter who's named is Despina that you are proud of. Please live a happy and long life in the living world. Make me wait for you guys for a long time,” umiiyak na lintaya ko habang tumatawa. Kung sino man ang makakakita sa akin ngayon, ay iisiping nababaliw na ako.

‘I’m already crazy though, ever since,’

I wiped my tears and turn around to face the door. I walk towards it to leave this place when the door opens by itself, well, not by itself because someone opened it. Papa emerges from the open door and is quite shock to see me inside.

“What brings you here, Despina?” he seriously asked. Papa never really changed. I shake my head and hurriedly leaped into his arms, he was startled and almost lost his balance because of my sudden approach.

“Papa! I just, missed you. That's all,” I answered. I hugged him very tightly and stopped myself from crying. I don't want him to think that there is something wrong.

I felt an emotion I never thought I felt again. Papa tapped my back three times and then stroked my hair. Such a long time. Ever since Mama died, did Papa hugged me? Never.

“It’s been so long since you called me Papa. What's the matter?” He softly asked. I hurriedly shake my head and took three steps back.

“Nah, u guess I'm just tired with work. I won't be staying too long though. I need to go now,” I answered with my most ever sweetest smile. My heart melts when Papa smiled back at me. It was a sight that is slowly vanishing in my memories.

‘I’m blessed to see your smile, Papa. Truly,’

“I see. Please don't over exert yourself. You must be also worried with your fiancee. He’ll come back scratch free for sure,” nakangiting sagot niya. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang kaniyang tinutukoy, pero nginitian ko nalamang siya at tumango.

“Thank you, Papa. Well, I'll be leaving now. I love you, Papa. Goodbye,” masayang paalam ko at mabilis na umalis sa lugar na iyun ng hindi na hinintay ang kaniyang sagot.

I don't want to leave yet, but it's almost time. I need to do one last thing before I leave. After running so fast, I stopped on my track to catch my breath and stare at the Marquessate Grandiose GreenHouse.

“This will truly help you, New Despina. I hope you'll finally realize it now.” I hugged myself before whispering, “Thank you for allowing me today. Goodbye,” paalam ko bago lumapit sa pintuan ng GreenHouse at walang pag-aalangang binuksan ito.

A huge force of dark magic rushed outside causing me to cover my face. And when the magic slowly disappears, I pull out all of the remaining courage I have and stare at what's inside the GreenHouse which I never saw ever since Mamas’ departure of this world.

“I will be revealing to you the biggest secret that this family is hiding, and the biggest threat of this kingdom—no, this world perhaps,” I murmured while staring at the two coffin lying on the greenhouses’ smoothest grass.

One coffin holds the body of my mother who's life is almost at it's limit, while the other coffin who were the one sucking out the life of my Mama is broken, and my older sister is nowhere to be found.

“I guess it has really been started, huh? Please help this world, this kingdom, and this family, New Despina. I'll leave them all to you. And I hope, the secret of the greenhouse will help you to win the war,” lintaya ko bago pumikit. And the moment the holy magic disappeared from my body, I lost my consciousness and everything went black.

tamadsiakuma. ♡