Chapter 34: Abandoned Hut

“Where have you been?” bungad na tanong ni Nicholas sa akin pagkalabas ko ng palasyo.

His face is red, and his expression is scary. What the hell happened while I was out trying to stop the fire?

“I was getting water to help stop the fire, but when I got to the greenhouse no one is there and fire is already gone,” sagot ko sa kaniyang katanungan. Tiningnan naman nito ang buong katawan ko na tila ba mayroong hinahanap na hindi ko alam.

Pagkatapos ng ilang minuto ay tumigil siya sa kaniyang ginagawa at huminga ito ng malalim  bago tumayo ng maayos.

“The fire is already gone?” nagtatakang tanong ng Crown Prince. Binigyan ko naman ito ng isang nagtatakang tingin.

“Its not you who put off the fire?” nagtatakang tanong ko.

“No. The water did nothing at all to stop the fire,” sagot niya at napatingin sa ibaba.

Malamang hindi ikaw iyun, kasi ako ang pumatay ng apoy. Tsk.’

“Lets go ahead and see for ourselves if the fire is indeed gone now,” lintaya ni Princess Beatrice na ngayon ko lang napansin.

Agad namang tumango ang Crown Prince at inunahan niya ang pagpunta sa greenhouse na sinundan naman naming lahat. Wala ang Emperador at Emperatris sapagkat naka-alis na ang mga ito at kasalukuyang namamalagi sa tahanan ni Nicholas.

Everyone was shock to see the black and crackling greenhouse. It was suppose to be the most beautiful thing in the palace, but now the beauty in it is complete gone as if it never existed in the first place.

Not that far from the greenhouse, two medium size bucket full of water were seen. Everyone looked at me, and I gave them all a questioning look.

“Why? It's heavy,” I said. I don't know what their gazes means, but I just answered what I think. Good thing I think far ahead and found a bucket lying near by. Now, they won't suspect me at all, as I am Despina, the one who bought two medium size bucket full of water and walked super slowly because of the heaviness that she was left out when everyone left the palace.

Everyone starts to work and helped each other to just completely destroy the greenhouse at it will be the most ugliest thing to ever exist in the palace if no one will get rid of it.

* * *

Three days have passed after the fire incident in the palace, the fire incident still left a trace even after removing the greenhouse. Not physical traces, but emotional. The people on the palace is still in a scared state as they have never encountered a fire that is not weak with water.

And another bad thing about the incident is that, the departure of Nicholas was moved from next month to this week.

“Ready yourselves, soldiers. The enemy is starting to move, we can't afford to lose,” malakas na sigaw ni Nicholas sa harap ng mga kawal na sasama sa kaniya papunta sa Kaharian ng Oceanic.

“Yes, captain!” malakas naman nilang sagot. After a moment, Nicholas dismissed them and give them permission to go back to their family early and return a day before the departure so that they still have a lot of time to be with their family as it will be a long journey for them.

“Did you wait long?” Nicholas asked after all of the knights left and only the two of us remains in the training ground of his house.

“Not really, it was fun watching you guys,” nakangiting sagot ko.

“Well, it certainly is more fun to hold a sword isn't it? The guys were completely beaten by you,” natatawang usal niya bago umupo sa aking tabi.

“They're pretty strong though,” komento ko naman. I placed my head in his chest as I stare at the sun in front of us ready to set.

“Days past by so fast,” I mumbled. I did not joke, but Nicholas is laughing.

“Don't worry, It just means we'll get to see each other faster,” he whispered in my ear. It tickles but I did not budge at all. I took his hand and clasped my hand to his.

“Let's just stay like this for a moment,” I whispered and he nodded and place his head on my head and we both stare at the sun saying goodnight to us as the moon is also already up in the sky, looks like it's waving at the sun telling it to take a rest for tomorrow will be another day. The irony of it just makes me smile.

I already told my parents that I'll be staying at Nicholas's place and help him get ready for the upcoming departure. It was a nice feeling. We ate dinner together, and he really do like sweets.

“You'll be staying in this room,” usal ni Nicholas at binuksan ang kuwarto para matulugan ko sa ilang araw na pamamalagi ko sa kaniyang tahanan.

“Why would I sleep here?” I asked. Binigyan naman ako nito ng isang nagtatakang tingin.

“I thought you'll be staying here?” he asked back. I nodded.

“Yes, I am. But why am I going to sleep in a different room when I can sleep in your room?” I asked. Nanlaki naman ang kaniyang mata at maririnig mo ang matunog na ngiti ng mga tagapagsilbi niyang kasama namin ngayon.

I did not wait for his response and walked myself to his room just beside the room he offered me and jump into his bed. This is the most comforting place ever.

“Thank you, please do take a rest,” lintaya ni Nicholas sa kaniyang mga tagapagsilbi bago isinarado ang pintuan at tumingin sa akin.

“Come here,” tawag ko sa kaniya. Ngumiti naman ito sa akin bago lumapit.

We lay in the bed together while hugging each other, and he is someone I can totally rest well. We stayed like that, hugging each other while the moon is smiling towards us, as we drown ourselves to the calmness and slept.

“You shouldn't be here,” Nagising ako sa hindi pamilyar na boses at mabilis napabangon ng makitang wala na ako sa kuwarto ni Nicholas.

“Where am I?” I asked the wind, hoping that it will answer me. I was just sleeping in Nicholas’ room and in his arms soundly, but now I'm in the middle of a forest that is located in God-knows-where!

“Lavana,” I was startled when a strong wind gust over me and indeed answered me.

“Who are you? Why am I here?” I asked, shouting while looking around.

“I'm someone you don't need to know, and you came here on your own which you are not welcome,” sagot niya sa akin. Hindi ko matantya kung lalaki ba ang aking kausap o babae, o kung galit ba ito o hindi.

I certainly did not choose to come here, someone must've took me here, but why? What's in this place that needs me to see?

I did not answer the voice and just looked around, and in the middle of the forest, a hut was standing, it was small but it's beautiful, and seems like it's abandoned.

‘Why is there an abandoned hut in a place like this? Who owns this? Why am I here? What is Lavana?’

tamadsiakuma. ♡