𝟒𝟕 | 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑮𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑻 𝑨𝑳𝑩𝑼𝑺 𝑫𝑼𝑴𝑩𝑳𝑬𝑫𝑶𝑹𝑬

𝗖𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗕𝗬 𝗔𝗦 𝗜𝗧 𝗨𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 does these days. The only difference this year is that Theo stayed at Hogwarts with me. He had told me it's because he feels bad for leaving me alone, and because he wants to keep his aunt and uncle safe. It's completely understandable, really. If Theo goes home during the holidays, he risks getting his aunt and uncle into trouble with the death eaters, specifically Theo's father.

I personally stay at Hogwarts because I don't trust my father anymore and my mother has done no such thing to stop him. I'd rather stay safe at Hogwarts away from my parents, than go home and risk everything.

It's been about a week since Christmas break and of course, my friends are having the time of their lives. We're in the Great Hall for lunch, thank goodness because I missed breakfast. I woke up late this morning and found out from Eleanor that I had missed my first two classes. McGonagall and Slughorn were not too happy about that. I'm not normally one to sleep in, but I'm just so exhausted all of the time, it feels like no matter how much sleep I get, it's never enough.

"No way, is that Katie Bell?" Eleanor.

I look up with furrowed brows to see a group of girls walking to the end of the Gryffindor table. Considering I have only ever talked to Potter, Longbottom, Weasley, Granger, and the Weasley twins, I have know idea who this Katie bell is. Though the name does sound vaguely familiar, I don't know her face.

"What?" I question, curiously.

Eleanor leans close to us, forcing us to huddle together in order to hear her. "Rumor has it she was cursed a couple weeks before break. No one knows who did it, and the not even three days ago, Weasley was poisoned from something in Slughorn's office."

"What does this mean?" Blaise asks.

"Someone in Hogwarts is trying to do something bad. Whether it be a student or teacher, no one knows." But I know. I know exactly who poisoned Ron Weasley and cursed Katie Bell. They have both been attempts in killing Dumbledore, it's the only explanation. Meaning, it's Draco. Draco is the only person that it even could be.

I see a familiar head of white-blond hair enter the Great Hall, slowly coming to a stop. My brows furrow when I notice his gaze on something ahead of him, and it's not anything good because he visibly pales. I look in the same direction to see Potter and a dark-haired girl (most likely Katie Bell) staring at Draco. He then quickly turns on his heel and rushes out of the Great Hall, but it doesn't end there because Potter begins to quickly follow. Oh, no...

"I have something I need to do. I'll see you guys later," I mutter before climbing out of my seat and rushing after Potter and Draco. I hear Eleanor call out after me, but I ignore her and push past a couple students blocking my path. I don't know where they're headed, but I'll be damned if it let Potter lay a finger on Draco.

I lose them quite quickly but thankfully, I manage to run into Snape who's making his way to the Great Hall. "Professor!"

The man looks at me with his always bored expression. "Need I remind you, Miss Kane, it's against the rules to run--."

"Draco is in trouble," I interrupt, making the man's face fall. "I know what he's been tasked with, professor. And I know you're protecting him. I saw him-- and Potter-- they ran this way."

I point in the direction behind the man and he doesn't dilly dally for a second before spinning around and rushing off to the direction the boys headed. He doesn't even stop me when I begin following him.

Eventually, we find students crowded around the boy's restroom, the sound of running water filling my ears. Snape pushes past the students, me following close behind. The sight before me makes my knees weak and bile rise to my throat. Potter is standing over Draco who's lying on the floor.