𝟏𝟒 | 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲, 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑨𝑵𝑶𝑹!

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗪 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗙𝗟𝗬 𝗕𝗬
rather quickly and before I know it, there's only a week left and we're all in the Great Hall for a feast. Months after the first student had been petrified, rumor that Professor Sprout and the nurses are supposed to be finishing up the mandrake potion tonight spreads throughout the castle; which means Eleanor will be back soon! It's all I can think about and it makes me jittery. I take a bite of my peas as my leg bounces on the floor under the table, desperately trying to call myself down.

It's been a whole three weeks since she was petrified and every second I've waited has seemed longer than the last. It's been quieter since and, to be frank, I don't like it.

"Why are you so fidgety?" Someone whispers behind me, making me almost jump out of my skin. I let out a screech and whip around. My eyes widen when I realize the person that had spoken to me is Eleanor, looking much better than she did in the hospital.

"El!" I shout as I jump from my seat, pulling the girl into a tight hug. I feel all my worries wash away when Eleanor embraces me, confirming that this isn't all just a dream. After a moment, I pull away with furrowed brows. "How did you even get petrified?"

"I was in the bathroom with a Hufflepuff girl; I saw it through the reflection of the water. It was a huge snake, a basilisk." Blaise hugs Eleanor next, welcoming her back. When Theo hugs her, he does it so tightly it looks like Eleanor can't breathe, making a small smile form on my lips when I notice how bright red the girl's face is. "So, was it Potter that opened the chamber? Were we right?"

"It wasn't Potter, surprisingly," Theo answers when he pulls away from the hug. "Welcome back, El."

Eleanor beams brightly. "It's good to be back."

"May I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall announces, tapping her glass to get our attention. Everyone immeditely silences themselves and my friends and I find our seats as Dumbledore stands.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, who's mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." I begin clapping along with my classmates, a few cheers catching my attention here and there. "Last, in light of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled!"

My heart skips a beat in my chest at the man's word and I let out a cry for joy, high-fiving the people around me. I can see Eleanor looking rather bummed about the exams, but I know secretly, she's glad; even if it's only a little bit. As Dumbledore sits back down, the doors to the Great Hall suddenly open and Hagrid walks into the room, making all noise cease.

"Sorry I'm late," the large man says, his cheeks a bit pink with embarrassment before he begins making his way to the front of the room. "The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Aro."

The man stops in front of Granger, who's now back from being previously petrified, Weasley, and Potter. He talks to them for a moment, a seemingly long moment, before clapping and cheering erupts for Hagrid. Everyone begins standing from their seats as well. I smile a little and stand from my seat, clapping for the man as well. Without Hagrid, Hogwarts would be a much different place, that's for sure. It might not be as secure as it is now.

"Why are you clapping?" I hear Malfoy ask over the cheers of the other students. I look over my shoulder at him, our eyes meeting.

"Because he's a big part of Hogwarts, and it's respectful; you really need to learn some manners, Malfoy."

Everyone quiets down after a couple minutes and finishes their meals before heading back to the dormitories. Everyone converses amongst themselves and Theo, Blaise, and I catch Eleanor up on what she's missed while she's been gone.

"So, it wasn't Potter then," the girl repeats quietly, deep in thought. "And you said that he was the one that saved all of us? And what happened to Professor Lockhart?"

I purse my lips and force myself to hold back an eye roll. "Professor Lockhart, as I've been saying from the beginning, is a fraud; apparently, he took credit for accomplishments from other wizards, erasing their memories."

Eleanor's shoulders slump. "Aw, that's too bad."

We snicker at the girl's reaction before going silent, just enjoying each other's company. Only a few seconds pass before the others decide to head to the dormitories, and I decide to linger in the common room for a few more minutes.

"See you next year, Kane."

I slowly turn away from the fire to see Malfoy walking up to the dormitories, making a small smile form on my lips. "See you next year, Malfoy."

I decide to head to bed after that, changing into a pair of pajamas and cozying up in my bed. I have to be up bright and early tomorrow for my last few classes, so I need to get some sleep.

-