𝟑𝟕 | 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑶𝑿 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑷𝑬𝑵𝑻

𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
dumbledore's sudden and quite frankly, surprising appearance. The snow has started sticking. And there's rebellion in the air, I can smell it. Potter agreed to stand against Umbridge so I highly doubt he's sitting idly by while she takes over Hogwarts with her grimy, manicured hands.

"Lenora, come back to the real world." Draco.

I turn my attention to the boy whose eyes are trained on me. Only half of his face is illuminated by the fireplace, while the other half is dark, setting a very comfortable tone. His hair is disheveled and he's in his robes. Everyone is in the Great Hall for breakfast, but we haven't started that way yet because I want to do Christmas just the two of us. Draco leaves for Christmas break tomorrow, and I wanna get it done tonight. A blush creeps onto my cheeks, but he doesn't seem to mind; it's becomes quite the habit to find myself lost in thought. I've just had so much going on that it's hard to keep my own mind quiet.

"I'm sorry, Draco."

He sends me a smile that tells me he doesn't mind before turning and pulling out a small gift with a bow. I have to hold back a laugh at the wrapping job, making the boy give me a playful dirty look. "Don't laugh. I know how it looks."

"I'm sorry," I apologize as I do my best to collect myself. I grab my gift for Draco and hand it to him. "Me first."

He doesn't argue and begins unwrapping my neatly wrapped gift, his brows knitting together when he sees the small, gray box. Setting the wrapping paper aside, he pulls the top off the box and instantly, I see his face soften and a small smile etches it's way onto his lips. My gift to Draco is a charm bracelet, identical to mine. After five years, I thought it only fair I spend some money on him and get us matching charm bracelets.

"A charm bracelet," his voice is low as he toys with the jewelry. I help him clasp it around his wrist.

"I just thought now that we're together, we should have matching bracelets."

He looks up at me with such greatness in his eyes, I think he might start crying. He thanks me before handing me my gift. I want to hide just how excited I am, but I can't. And my leg bounces profusely as I unwrap the box and pull the top off, letting out a quiet gasp. Inside is a gold locket necklace with the Malfoy family crest ingraved on both sides; upon opening the locket, I find a picture of the two of us in it.

Eyes wide, I look up at him. "Draco, this is beautiful... Is it real gold?"

His nod answers my question, making my heart jump in my chest. "This must've cost a fortune."

"Not really," he shrugs, his smile never leaving his pink lips. "Do you like it."

"I love it, thank you. Do you mind?" I hold it out to him to help me put it on, and he nods. When he takes it, I spin around in my seat, and pull my hair up and out of the way as he snakes the chain around my neck before clasping it. He gently lets it go, his fingers brushing the back of my neck, sending a chill down my spine. I shiver at his touch. I let my hair down and swallow the lump that forms in my throat. Slowly, I look over my shoulder at the boy to see him already looking back at me. He's so close to me, all my senses are blurring together. If I just lean...

As if thinking the exact same thing I am, Draco's body moves forward, his lips connecting with mine gently. My entire body ignites with a blazing heat, one I've never felt before, but I love every second of it. This is the first time Draco and I have actually kissed as a couple. Every cell inside me is screaming more, more, more! I turn my body so I'm now facing him, kissing him a bit harder. In response to my action, Draco grabs the back of my neck and pulls me closer. His cold hand sends shivers down my spine, but in combination with the heat of this kiss, it's the most amazing feeling in the world.

If Umbridge were to find us, we'd surely be in for it, but I don't care. All I can think about is the feeling if his lips on mine, his skin against mine, and before I know it, I need air. We both pull away at the same time, breathlessly. Silence fills the room, other than our breaths and the crackling fire. I, Lenora Kane, just kissed Draco Malfoy as his girlfriend. Never in the last five years did I even think I'd even be his girlfriend, let alone kiss him. Words can't explain how deeply I feel for the boy in front of me. He's everything I could ever want, and more. We've been through thick and thin together and I hope we can stay this way forever.

I look up at the blond boy as he licks his lips and shakes his head, whispering, "I don't deserve you, Lenora."

Yes, you do, Draco. It's I that doesn't deserve you. I don't speak a word, instead silencing him with another kiss.Though, this kiss doesn't last quite as long because the sound of the common room door creaking open catches our attention and a screech fills our ears. I pull away from the kiss and turn to see a second year Slytherin boy staring at us in horror. I want to punch him for ruining the moment, but I know I can't. I'll have plenty of other moments to kiss my boyfriend. Instead, I send him a glare.

"Scram, kid!" Draco hisses in annoyance. The boy doesn't say a word to us and runs straight to the dormitories.

"Way to ruin the mood," I mutter with a roll of my eyes and turn to the boy before me. "Though we should probably get something to eat. I am a bit hungry."

Draco nods in agreement before we take care of our mess and head to the Great Hall together, both of us in better moods than when we woke up this morning.

-