𝟐𝟔 | 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑮𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑴𝑬?

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗦 𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗦
usual. A lot of nonsense from Professor Flitwick that I honestly didn't pay attention to. About a week and a half ago, Professor Snape informed us of the Yule Ball, which happens on Christmas Eve night. It's a dance to bring together the students from all three schools. And because most all Slytherins are used to formality and dancing, no dance lessons had been required. Even Eleanor stated that she knows how to dance, something about taking dance lessons as a kid but stopping the year before she came to Hogwarts.

I've been to quite a few dances myself, mostly events that my parents had to go to, dragging me along with them. My father's excuse for going was always the same; keeping up with the family reputation, but now I know the real reason. Now I recognize the faces; most of them were death eaters, or just followers of Voldemort.

"Lenora, wait up!" The sound of Draco's voice fills my ears, pulling me from my thoughts. I look over my shoulder to see him jogging toward me. I stop and wait for him to catch up. "Can we talk?"

My brows furrow. "Yeah, of course."

The blond boy grabs my hand and drags me down the corridor into the nearest empty classroom. My face is already hot at his touch and the fact that once we're inside the classroom, Draco doesn't let go of my hand. I watch curiously as he rubs the back of his neck with his free hand. He looks almost frightened; no, wait, nervous maybe? I can't really tell.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, breaking the silence. Draco closes his eyes for a moment, letting my hand go as he runs it through his hair, and takes a deep breath. I don't rush him, there's no sense in it. Whatever he wants to tell me, he can do when he's ready.

"Look... I'm not very good at this sort of thing, so just bare with me, alright?" I nod, letting him know he can take his time. This seems to give him a small boost of confidence because he doesn't hesitate this time. "Do you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

By now, my eyes are probably the size of saucers, and my heart is beating wildly in my chest. Did Draco Malfoy just ask me to be his date to the Yule Ball? This feels like a fever dream, but I know it's real. The action is uncontrollable, but I smile widely; a genuine smile. "I would very much like you go to the Yule Ball with you, Draco."

Draco's steel gray eyes light up brighter than I've ever seen them as a small smile forms on his face. His cheeks are pink, and I bet mine are too, but neither of us care. I never thought that Draco of all people would ask me to the Yule Ball, but he did. Maybe my friends are right; maybe he does like me back. I don't know for sure yet, so I'll give it some more time and then I'll ask him.

"So, I'll see you around, then?" The boy asks. I meet his eyes and nod.

"Yeah, I'll see you around." With a nod, Draco turns and leaves me alone in the quiet classroom. Holy crap, this is actually happening! I'm going to the Yule Ball with Draco Malfoy. I let out a giggle, shocking myself. I need to tell Eleanor right away! I grip my school bag and speed walk to my next class, hoping that Theo hasn't already taken a seat beside the girl. I have an inkling that he's going to ask her to the ball, and I hope he grows a pair and does it.

When I reach the class, Eleanor is thankfully sitting alone and when the professor isn't looking, I bolt to her, almost falling over as I plop into the chair. The brunnette gives me a look as I catch my breath. "Eleanor... you will never believe... what just happened."

"Why are you out of breath? Did you run here?"

I shake my head. "No, but I speed walked... Draco asked me to the Yule Ball, and I said yes."