𝟎𝟖 | 𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑩𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝒀

"𝗘𝗟, 𝗪𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗦 𝗦𝗢 why are we going back to Flourish and Blotts?" I groan as the girl drags and weaves me through the crowds of people in Diagon Alley. As I duck under someone's swinging arm, I almost get hit in the face with a book. I instinctively send a glare to the person that had thrown the object before we reach the shop and step inside, the air around us warmer than outside. It's comforting seeing all these books and the smell of worn parchment.

There's a small crowd in front of us and Eleanor pushes through everyone, stopping right in front of the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart."

I stare in disbelief as a man with bright blond locks comes from out of a room in front of us, a large, dashing, but clearly fake, smile on his lips. Oh, brother. Just by looking at him, I can tell he's full of himself. Slowly turning to my friend beside me, I find her eyes trained on him in the most disgusting, lovesick way I never want to see again. "Please don't tell me you fancy him, Eleanor?" Eleanor doesn't answer me, the only sign that I'm right is the blush that slowly creeps onto her cheeks. She sends me a quick side glance as well, causing me to let out a snort. I lean close to her and whisper, "He's not even that attractive. I don't understand why anyone would fancy him."

Eleanor's head snaps to me, making me quirk an eyebrow at her. "You only say that because you fancy the likes of Draco Malfoy."

My face falls so quickly I almost shock myself as I stare at my friend in disbelief. "I do not!"

"Stop it, Malfoy. You're really annoying, Malfoy. Why are you such a pain in the ass, Malfoy? Blah, blah, blah. All you ever do is talk about him."

"That's because he is annoying," I hiss lowly.

"Harry Potter," someone suddenly whisper hisses. I pull my attention away from my friend to see a reporter pull Harry Potter through the crowd to Mr. Lockhart. That's also when I notice that Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley are here as well, along with who I'm assuming are some of Weasley's family members; the blazing red hair immediately gives it away.

Potter looks uncomfortable as the report snaps a picture of the two before the older man speaks to the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry entered Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my biography, Magical Me," He pauses to let the crowd cheer for him. I don't hold back my eye roll as Eleanor fawns over him. That's just gross., "which, incidentally, is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet best seller list. He had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving with my entire collected works; free of charge."

I hear Eleanor let out a shocked gasp beside me. A sigh passes between my lips and I tell her I'm going to wait outside for her, as it's become a bit stuffy in here. She just waves me off and I roll my eyes before leaving the shop.

Eleanor takes her time because I wait quite a while before she appears, practically prancing out of the shop. I sigh and the two of us begin making our way through Diagon Alley to King Cross Station. We make it surprisingly early and find a spot on the train with Malfoy, Theo, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle. Theo, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle are making conversation while Malfoy is off to the side, looking out the window.

"Hello, boys," Eleanor greets cheerfully, making Theo and Blaise give the both of us smiles, which we return. "Mind if we join you?"

"Not at all." Theo shakes his head. Eleanor sits beside Blaise and this leaves the only open stop by the window, right across from Malfoy.

I make small talk with my friends before deciding I've had enough conversation with them. My eyes trail to Malfoy whose eyes have never left the window, and it makes a smirk form on my lips. "Looking rather bored there, Malfoy?"