𝟐𝟏 | 𝑩𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑩𝑬𝑨𝑲'𝑺 𝑬𝑿𝑬𝑪𝑼𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵

𝗠𝗬 𝗝𝗔𝗪 𝗧𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗧
hurts, but I ignore the pain as I stare down at Hagrid's hut; I just found out today that Buckbeak is being executed because of Draco's father. I have nothing against Draco himself, but his father is an ass, and I haven't even met him. To my right slightly I can hear Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle muttering amongst themselves. Speak of the devil and he shall answer. I sigh and shake my head; I know Draco's not a big fan of Buckbeak after what happened, but he doesn't need to act all happy and giddy about the execution. My head shakes and I turn my attention back to the hut only for a moment before I suddenly hear Granger's voice.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" My head snaps back in the direction of Draco again to see Granger has her wand pointed at the boy. Weasley and Potter are standing behind her watching; I've never seen the girl look so angry before.

I immediately pull out my wand, rushing toward the group. I aim it at the girl, my face stern and void of all remorse as I speak in a low, threatening tone. "Lower your wand, Granger."

"Where did she come from?" I hear Potter whisper to his best friend. And I swear I can audibly hear the red-head gulp as he answers.

"They don't call her the fox of Slytherin for nothing."

Granger slowly lowers her wand, giving me a side glance. I keep my wand trained on her just in case she wants to try anything. I resist the urge to roll my eyes as Draco snickers before suddenly, Granger's fist goes flying into his nose. I cringe when I hear a crack and the boy goes running off, his minions following close behind. My jaw clenches as I send the girl a look before chasing after Draco.

"Draco, wait!" I call out. The boy stops, Crabbe and Goyle running ahead. When he turns to face me, I wince; blood is seeping from his nose, covering a good majority of his lips. "Let me help you."

When he doesn't protest, I grab his hand, shivering when an electric shock jolts through my arm. I lead him to the boy's restroom, grabbing a hand rag hanging a few feet away. I tell Draco to stay, so he leans against the sinks, watching me as I wet the rag. My eyes meet Draco's and I grab his chin, gently cleaning the blood from his face. A lump forms in my throat when I realize this is the closest I've ever been to Draco; but I force it down and continue wiping the blood away.

Licking my lips, I find it extremely hard to concentrate while he's breathing on me, in this proximity. My heart is racing wildly in my chest and I can bet that my cheeks are pink from nervousness. In order to break the obvious tension between the two of us, I sigh.

"You know, I may not like her, but I have to admit; Granger has one hell of an arm."

I see Draco's brows furrow and he shakes his head slightly. I forcefully grab his chin, stopping him from moving. "Why are you helping me, Lenora? You liked that bloody chicken and I'm the reason it's being executed."

"If I knew, I'd tell you," I mutter in concentration. It doesn't take long for me to clean the blood enough to tell that his nose isn't broken. I set the rag aside and gently touch the boy's nose, his body shivering the minute my fingers connect with his skin. "It doesn't look broken, just bruised. Then again, I'm not a doctor, so I'd head to the hospital wing just in case."

I pick up the rag and toss it in the trash bin, having ruined it by staining it in blood. As I wash my hands in the sink, Draco stays where he is, silently watching me. I blush and dry my hands on my shirt, meeting his eyes.

"Thank you, Lenora."

"It's no biggie," I say with a shrug as a smile works it's way onto my face. There's an awkward silence between us, making me nervous. So I clear my throat and add, "I'm going to head out; got some studying to do. I'll see you later, Draco."