𝟎𝟏 | 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑯𝑶𝑮𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑺

"𝗗𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚, 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗥?" 𝗠𝗬
mother questions as she tucks my shirt back into my skirt hastily. I sigh and nod, smacking her hands away.

"Yes, mom. I have everything. You asked me this when we arrived at the station, remember? I have to go now or I'll be late."

"Alright, alright," my mom whines; as her only child, she doesn't want me leaving the nest just yet. Which I understand, but I'd rather not get expelled on my first day. My father has some business to attend so, so he isn't here, but I'm not too worried about it. It's sort of become a trend of his. "Be safe, dear. And have fun!"

I will!" I call out to her as I rush to the train, climbing aboard. I load my things into a train car before searching the compartments for an empty seat. I don't have to search for long when I find an empty one, making a smile tug at the corner of my lips. When I sit down, my tabby cat Whiskers climbs into my lap and curls into a ball. "Good idea, Whiskers. This might be a long ride, so some sleep might not hurt."

I turn to the window, watching as the train leaves the station, trees and grass and lakes zipping by making it almost impossible to admire the beauty of nature. I close my eyes and try to get some sleep, but to no avail. I just feel wide away. I'm too excited; I've been waiting my whole life for my Hogwarts letter and I finally got it. My family comes from a long line of witches and wizards, so everyone was just waiting for me to get my letter and go to Hogwarts myself. I've always been told I'm lucky to have such talented parents; I find it hard to believe that I can ever be as gifted as them.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" I jump at the sudden voice, my head snapping to the direction of the door to see a girl standing there; her long dark brown hair is up and out of her face, and she has really pretty blue eyes. "Everywhere else is full."

I smile at her and shake my head. "I don't mind."

"I'm Eleanor Smith, by the way." She sits across from me with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lenora Kane. So, are you excited, or is that just me?"

"Definitely not just you," Eleanor beams. "My mom's a muggle, and my dad's a wizard, so I didn't find out about my heritage until late. What about you?"

"Since I was a kid; the day I got my letter was the best day of my life!"

Eleanor and I continue to talk the rest of the train ride, which eventually comes to an end long after the sun sets. We dress in our robes before following the rest of the first years off the train. The night sky is so clear I can actually see the stars. Back in London, there's so much smoke that, even at night, the stars are near impossible to spot. I don't realize I'm still walking until I accidentally bump into someone. The boy gives me a dirty look and hisses at me, his slicked back hair shining against the light from the lanterns. "Watch where you're going."

I narrow my eyes at him and hisses back, "You could have taken at least three more steps before stopping."

"Right then. First years, this way, please! Come on, now! First years, don't be shy." I lose my train of thought when I see an enormous man standing in front of me; he has so much hair on his head and face I almost can't see his eyes, nose or mouth.

"I didn't know people could get so big," Eleanor whispers in awe as we follow the man, who leads us to a handful of boats at a dock. Eleanor and I climb into one, two boys joining us not long after. One boy had dark eyes and hair, and the other is a dark-skinned boy with a buzz cut and dark eyes.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A couple of girls?" The dark-skinned boy looks at the other boy who spoke.

"Obviously they're girls. I'm Blaise Zabini, and this prude is Theodore Nott."