𝟎𝟐 | 𝑭𝑶𝑶𝑫 𝑾𝑨𝑹 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑫𝑹𝑨𝑪𝑶 𝑴𝑨𝑳𝑭𝑶𝒀

"𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗥 𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗛." 𝗜 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗
curiously to see Eleanor as she gets the sorting hat placed on her head.

"Well, well, what an exceptional mind. I know where to put you. Slytherin!" I clap my hands and smile as Eleanor makes her way toward our table, sitting beside me. The older students greet her, just as they had done with me before Theodore and Blaise do as well.

"Look at that, we're in the same house," Eleanor says to me. "Looks like this is a sign to me."

I smile before suddenly, the Weasley kid is called next. He climbs onto the stool, jumping slightly when the hat speaks so abruptly. "Ah, another Weasley. I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!"

His body relaxes instantly as he makes his way to the Gryffindor table. I sigh when I realize just how many Gryffindor students there probably will be. Proud, blubbering idiots, they are. I decide not to dwell on it and turn back to the front of the room just as the name we've all been waiting for is called. "Harry Potter."

The room goes deathly silent as the dark haired boy makes his way onto the stool. I can see his face now. Blue eyes, dark brown hair over his forehead, large, circular glasses. The only thing missing is the scar, which is covered by his hair. It's almost like my body wants to know which house he'll be sorted into because I feel myself leaning forward and listening to the sorting hat blabber on. Any house will be lucky to have Potter on their side; he is the one that defeated He Who Shall Not Be Named, after all. A long, antagonizing moment passes before the sorting hat shouts, "Gryffindor!"

A quiet sigh passes through my lips as the boy walks to the Gryffindor table. The rest of the students are sorted into their houses and the lady in green, who's name I think is Professor McGonagall, finds a seat at the table beside Dumbledore and the other professors. She grabs our attention by tapping a spoon in the side of her glass.

"Let the feast begin," Professor Dumbledore says before mountains of food appear out if nowhere on the table, making my eyes light up.

"Bloody hell," Theodore mutters, his eyes wide and full of excitement. "I'm getting full just looking at all this food."

"I don't think I've ever seen so much food in one place in my entire life," Eleanor whines before immediately digging into a chicken wing. I snort and take a bite of mashed potatoes. They're hot and creamy and so delicious. They might even be the best mashed potatoes I've ever had! Next, I take a bite of a roll, which is just as delicious.

As I'm eating, I happen to look over at Draco Malfoy who's eating a chicken wing. A snicker passes through my lips when I notice the grease on his face. "Hey, Malfoy!" I call out.

The bit stops eating and looks at me, swallowing his food. "What is it, Kane?"

"You've got a bit of grease on your face." I point to my face where the grease is, and I see his pale skin turn pink as he turns away from me and wipes it off.

After we finish eating, our Prefect, Gemma Farley I learn her name is, leads us down a staircase from the dungeon corridor before stopping in front of a plain, brick wall. A moment passes before the wall moves, revealing that it's actually a door to the Slytherin common room. And it's beautiful. The furniture and lights are medieval and the couches and chairs are a beautiful shade of emerald green with intricate silver designs around the edges.