𝟑𝟏 | 𝑭𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑶 𝑷𝑰𝑬𝑪𝑬𝑺

"𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬, 𝗪𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪𝗟𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬
terrible loss." Dumbledore's voice echoes throughout the Great Hall, even though he's speaking normally. Every student and professor from all three schools have been crammed onto the benches to mourn Cedric Diggory's death. As I do my best to listen to what the man has to say, Draco's thumb rubs the back of my hand gently in an attempt to comfort me. I squeeze his hand and he slides a little closer. "Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend.

"Now I think therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died; you see... Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain, we all feel at the dreadful loss, reminds me-- reminds us-- that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one... In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that. Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain; you remember that, when we celebrate a boy who was kind, and honest, and brave, and true right to the very end."

After the professor's speech is finished, we're ushered to the dormitories to finish packing. Eleanor makes conversation with Daphne while Millicent and Pansy gossip about God knows what. I don't want to say anything in case something slips from my mouth unintentionally... That and I'm afraid I'll break if I do. This year was going perfectly; Draco and I are finally getting to know one another, we finally know how the other feels, and then bam! Lord Voldemort is back and Cedric Diggory is dead. I know dark times will lie ahead, but I only hope and pray that I can make it through them.

A knock on the door catches all of our attention, and Millicent is the first to reach it. In the doorway stands Draco with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his robes. Millicent turns to me and says, "Lenora, it's for you."

I gently finish folding my shirt and place it into my suitcase. As I walk to the door, I can feel Pansy staring daggers into the side of my skull, but I ignore her as I close the door behind me, leaving Draco and I by ourselves. Neither of us speak, not really knowing what to say. Instead of staying silent, I pull Draco into a tight embrace, wrapping my arms around his waist. He immediately responds by wrapping his arms around me just as tightly. I squeeze my eyes shut, wanting nothing more than to run away from everything.

"I don't want to go home, Draco."

Silence for a moment. "I know, Lenora. I don't want to send you home any less than you want to go, but we can't stay here; they won't let us. I would offer to let you stay with me, but my father would most definitely tell yours."

I nod and whisper, "I know. I know, Draco, and I'm truly greatful. I just-- I'll miss you."

A pair of lips press against my forehead before Draco whispers, "I'll miss you, too."

Budum! My heart pounds as I pry myself from the hug to look up at the boy. His face is mere centimeters away, all I have to do is-- I lean forward without another thought, pressing a gentle kiss to Draco's lips, resting my hands on his shoulders. His hands grip my face, kissing me a bit harder, enough to make me weak in the knees. My head is spinning again, but not nearly as badly as the first time we kissed. This time, I'm still aware of my surroundings, but only just barely.

It feels like ages before we pull apart, even though it had only been a few seconds. A sigh from Draco before he says, "Promise you'll write to me."

"I will."

"Good... I should let you finish packing, then." I close my eyes as Draco place a chaste kiss to my forehead one more time. "I'll see you next year, Lenora."

"See you next year, Draco."

With that, the boy turns and begins making his way downstairs to the common room. I head back into the dormitory to finish packing, the other four girls clearly trying to act as though they hadn't all been evesdropping, and failing miserably.

-