𝟐𝟖 | 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝒀𝑼𝑳𝑬 𝑩𝑨𝑳𝑳

𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗦 𝗔 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗠𝗔𝗡. 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛
eyes can see the damages he's dealt in the years he's been a death eater; the people he's tortured and killed. I can now empathize with all of the people he's hurt. However, my pain wasn't delt by my father's hand, it was delt by a fellow classmate. The Cruciatus Curse is one of the three forbidden curses; only dark wizards and witches use them to harm others. But of course, I know the one non-dark wizard that will willingly use one of those three curses.

Three weeks ago, Pansy Parkinson had been taken to the Headmaster's office, and three weeks ago, she somehow managed to convince Dumbledore that what had happened was an accident. Instead of being expelled, she was given three months of detention and isn't allowed to go to the Yule Ball. How that's considered fair punishment has me clueless.

However, the one good thing about the last three weeks is that Eleanor found the courage to ask Theo to the ball, and he said yes! Everyone did find it a bit odd that a girl asked a boy to the ball, but neither of them cared.

I take a look at myself in the mirror one last time before deciding it's time to head to the Great Hall; I have on a silky, beige, floor-length dress with sequins running down it and matching heels. I curled my hair and pinned it back, with Eleanor's help of course, and put on some light makeup I found hiding in the bottom of my friends bag. I found a pair of flower earrings at Hogsmeade that match the pins in my hair.

I quickly grab my jumper and pull it on before making my way through the corridors of the castle. I'm going to meet Draco at the entrance of the Great Hall, and he has yet to see what I'm wearing tonight. I will say, I am quite excited to see what he's wearing. Though I know he's going to look absolutely flawless no matter what.

The walk is silent for the most part until I get closer to the Great Hall. Students pass me every which way as I search for the familiar white-blond locks I've grown accustom to. I spot Theo, Blaise, and Eleanor a few feet away and wave at them. They smile and wave back; Blaise seems content and Eleanor and Theo look absolutely delighted to be here.

That's when I see him. Draco Malfoy is standing ten feet away wearing a suit that fits him perfectly, showing off his physique. His hair he's left unstyled, but it's not messy. His steel gray eyes are the size of saucers and they never leave me as I make my way toward him. Step by step, my stomach flips until I'm right in front of him. My face must be red by now; Draco looks completely enamoured by my presence as he swallows before speaking.

"Wow. You look... Beautiful, Lenora," he whispers in awe. My heart is already doing flips as I shy away slightly.

"Thank you, Draco. You look good, too; really good." After the incident with Pansy, I was unconscious for three whole days before coming to. In those three days, I had been informed by Eleanor and Madame Pompfrey that Draco never left my side, apart from classes; they even told me that he ate beside my bed, waiting for me to wake up. And I have come to a decision; I am going to tell Draco about my feelings. I don't know when, but I will.

I loop my arm around Draco's, a rush of electricity trickles up my arm as we make our way into the Great Hall. It's Christmas themed, with faux snow lightly falling around us and loud music playing from the other end of the room. All the students gather together and watch as all four champions, along with their dates, walk to the middle of the room for the first dance. The music and clapping stops after a moment before it starts up again, but this time it's a different song.