𝟑𝟒 | 𝑰 𝑴𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑻 𝑴𝒀 𝑬𝑳𝑫𝑬𝑹𝑺

𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗢 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗙𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗘 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 Dark Arts together in a comfortable silence. Thankfully, our first class wasn't this one, but I'm still dreading it all the same. I just hope it goes by quick enough that I can erase it from memory. Though, if Umbridge is wearing pink again today, I highly doubt I'll be erasing anything from memory.

Eleanor and Blaise still aren't talking to me after last night. During breakfast this morning, they kept sending me looks but weren't saying a word to me. Theo, on the other hand, was talking to me, but Eleanor made it quite difficult when she pulled him into her conversation with Blaise. Never would I have imagined my friends sending dirty looks my way from across the table.

"If you're thinking about your friends, stop," Draco whispers to me, bringing my mind back to reality. I turn my head and look at him. His white-blond hair is unkempt, dishevelled, and he looks good for having only been awake a max of four hours. His face is sharper this year as well, high cheek bones, a strong, square jaw, and a pointed nose. His gray eyes are deep set and full of mystery. It's undeniable that Draco Malfoy is a very good looking individual, but unless you break his walls down, it's hard to see. He's quite unapproachable. I don't know how I was able to break them down, especially sense they've been so carefully constructed.

"How can I, Draco? They hate me now, all of my friends do. Even Theo is struggling in choosing a side."

He pauses and I find myself stopping as well, looking up at him. "You still have me."

I can't stop the blush that creeps onto my cheeks. He's watching me with such intensity in his eyes, an expression even I rarely see. "You-- Um... It's different with you, Draco. For some reason, I feel as though no matter what I say or do, you will always be with me, you know?"

Draco is silent and I begin to worry, my heart beating faster and faster as every second passes in silence. Maybe he doesn't feel the same way. I know we're dating, but what if his feelings aren't as strong as mine are? Should I act like I'm kidding? Should I-- Before I know it, I feel Draco's rough hands on my shoulders and his soft lips on my forehead. A chill runs down my spine at the feeling of his lips on my skin. My eyes flutter closed and I enjoy the moment. His lips linger on my forehead for a moment before he pulls away. I open my eyes and look up at him to see a softer expression in his eyes.

"I will never leave you, Lenora. You're different than everyone else. You... You make me feel at home, something I've been having a hard time finding lately."

A small smile begins forming in my lips at his words and I nod. "I feel the same way... And thank you, Draco, for helping me."

He nods with a genuine smile before saying, "We should probably get to class before Umbridge punishes us on our first day."

I silently agree with him and the two of us finish our journey to class, taking a seat beside one another at a desk. I place my bag under my feet and wait for the Professor's arrival. Students are conversing amongst themselves throughout the classroom, until the woman in question appears in the front of the room dressed in-- of course-- all pink.

She greets us and goes on about OWLs and how we haven't been getting a proper education. As her speech drags on, she hands out textbooks to each of us. My brows furrow when the book lands in front of me; Dark Arts Defense: Basics for Beginners. Beginners? How can we be beginners if we've been at this five years? What exactly does the ministry have up their sleeve?

𝙀𝙐𝙋𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙄𝘼 ➣ 𝐷. 𝑀𝑎𝑙𝑓𝑜𝑦✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें