𝟒𝟐 | 𝑩𝑬𝑻𝑹𝑨𝒀𝑨𝑳

𝗜 𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗗 𝗠𝗬 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 pelts my face, hair, and clothes as I rush to the large mansion ahead. I definitely should have brought that umbrella. As I near the mansion, the familiar swan crest of the Malfoy's comes into view and I climb the steps, thankfully shielded from the rain that has almost completely soaked through my jacket.

I let out a heavy sigh, shivering from the cold before looking at the large set of double doors in front of me, raising my fist and knocking. Only a couple seconds pass by before it creaks open and Lucius Malfoy appears before me. I stop myself from rolling my eyes as the man blocks my path into the house.

"Miss Kane. To what do I owe this pleasure?" His voice is sinister and his eyes are narrow. He does not want me entering his home.

"Is Draco home?"

"No, he's not. Try coming back later."

He attempts to close the door on me, but I slam my hand against the wood, stopping him from doing so. I'm really not in the mood to deal with his crap right now. All summer, Draco hasn't been answering any of my letters and I'm scared that maybe he's bored of us, or worse.

"Out of my way, Malfoy," I threaten, my voice low. I need to know if Draco is okay. I hear the man sigh quietly before slowly opening the door wider and stepping aside, allowing for me to enter the enourmous house. This is the first time I've ever stepped foot in Malfoy Manor and it's just as elegant as the Malfoy family themselves. "Where is Draco's room?"

He tells me and I waste no time heading in said direction, ignoring the dirty looks the man is sending me. I walk up the stairs and down the hallway to Draco's room. Because the door is already open, I knock on the doorframe with my knuckle as I enter the room. The blond boy is sitting on the edge of his bed and he looks sad. Thank Merlin he's alright, though.

"Draco, hey. Why haven't you been answering any of my letters? I've been worried--." Then I see it, and my heart drops to my stomach. Bile rises to my throat as I choke back the urge to throw up at the sight before me. On Draco's right arm is the Dark Mark, Lord Voldemort's symbol of destruction. The one thing I never wanted to see, ever. Yet, here Draco is with the mark on his arm. He seems to notice my hesitancy as well because he pulls his sleeve over his arm. "Draco, why is Voldemort's Dark Mark on your arm?"

The boy doesn't even look at me as he speaks quietly. "You shouldn't be here, Lenora."

"You did it? Why-- how could you do that? You said you wouldn't, you promised. I thought we agreed we wouldn't?" Tears blur my vision as I dig my nails into the palms of my hands to keep from blowing up on him. "Why, Draco? Why do you keep making promises you know you won't keep?"

Draco's face falls as he looks up at me for the first time, pain in his eyes. Little does he know he's not the only one hurting right now. "Lenora--"

"Don't, Draco." I put my hand up and force myself to look away, knowing I'll break if I meet his eyes again. "I don't want to hear whatever lame excuse you've come up with this time. You broke my trust once again, and that's the one thing I hate above all else. You have officially lost me. I hope your miserable life is worth it, Draco."

I don't give him a chance to say anything before I spin on my heel and storm out of the room, a crying mess. I don't stop for anything as I rush out of the Mansion, back to my own house. This is the last thing I expected to happen. Of all the things Draco could have done, this is the worst of all.

The train chugs on passing trees and lakes alike toward Hogwarts once again for another year of misery. It's been a whole two months since my lovely encounter with Draco. I haven't seen him since then, nor has he sent me any letters. And I don't know if I want him to, really. It just seems to me like he doesn't really care about my feelings. Half the time, I don't even know what to think. He's just so... Ugh! It's frustrating. Why can't he for once just do something for someone else, instead of himself.

I can't keep dwelling on it, it's been a two months. I need to start moving on. Though, I will say it's hard. Ever since I ended things with Draco, I've been having these awful nightmares about Voldemort, mainly about him torturing and killing my friends. And they're happening more and more recently. At least twice a week now.

None of my friends have seemed to notice a change in my behavior, and if they have, they haven't said anything about it. I know Blaise doesn't like to pry into people's personal lives, he usually gives us space until we feel that we're ready to talk. Theo doesn't pry much either, but he doesn't hide the fact that he's there if I need him. And then there's Eleanor. Genius, stubborn, and nosy. Eleanor is my best friend and she has always known when something is wrong and won't stop bugging me until I tell her.

Speaking of my friends, we're all still on good terms. Though, Eleanor and Theo are currently cuddling away in the seats on the other side of the aisle. And Crabbe and Goyle did not look too pleased about it. Blaise is sitting across from the seat beside me and I tune him out when Pansy decides to join the conversation. After everything that happened during our fourth year, I've made it a bit of a habit to ignore her. Things are still a bit tense between us, but she's made less of an effort to insult my friends and I, and my relationship with Draco. Well, my old relationship with Draco.

I haven't told anyone about it yet, that we're no longer together, or the fact that Draco's now a death eater. The latter isn't really my place to say anyway.

"Draco, come join us," Pansy calls out, and my body immediately tenses. A sense of not necessarily fear, but something along that floods my body. Thankfully, no one notices my change in mood. A shadow looms over the seats and I take a quick glance to see Draco in all his glory standing beside me. I don't dare meet his eyes as a lump forms in my throat. And considering the only seat open is the aisle beside me, he doesn't have much of a choice other than to sit. Having no more interest in what's going on, I turn my attention back to the window. I can't look at him, I just can't. But as much as I can't stand him right now, he looks just as good as he always does in his all-black suit. Draco sits slowly and I hear a snicker come from Pansy's direction. "Oh, boy. Have you two hit a bit of a rough patch?"

"Piss off, Parkinson," Draco hisses in annoyance.

"Chill out, Draco. I was only joking."

-