𝟏𝟕 | 𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑹𝒀 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑶𝑵

𝗠𝗬 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗥𝗢𝗕𝗘 𝗜𝗡
front of me, cautiously watching as it shakes every few seconds. Malfoy and I exchange a look as Professor Lupin speaks from the back room. I can take a wild guess as to what's inside, but I might be wrong. My best guess is a boggart, but honestly, knowing Hogwarts, anything could be inside of that wardrobe.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" The wardrobe shakes again, a bit more violently this time. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

"That's a boggart, Professor," A kid from somewhere in the class answers.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, could anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?" The man questions, making his rounds to the front of the room now. He scans the room, looking at each of us before suddenly, Granger speaks. My head snaps to the girl, my brows furrow. When did she get here?

"No one knows. Boggarts are shape shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them--."

"So terrifying," Professor Lupin interrupts with a nod of his head. He's silent as he walks to the wardrobe, stopping just beside it. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Uh, without wands please. After me; Riddikulus."

When we repeat the charm back to him, he praises us before telling us to speak louder. I repeat the charm before suddenly, I hear Malfoy scoff quietly beside me. "This class is ridiculous."

I nudge him slightly, but not hard enough for it to hurt, but just enough to make the boy look at me. I send him a stern look as I speak quietly while Professor Lupin continues with his lesson. "Behave, Malfoy."

He only sighs and rolls his eyes, so I turn my attention back to the front of the room to see that Lupin is still explaining what to do.

"What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Uh, Neville. Will you join me, please?" The Gryffindor boy in the crowd is hesitant but walks to the professor anyway. "Neville, what frightens you the most?"

He mutters something that no one can hear, and when Lupin asks him to repeat it, he speaks loudly, his answer making everyone laugh, including myself. "Professor Snape."

I used to think Snape was scary during my first year, but once I spent enough time around him, I began to realize he's not so bad. He's a big softie, but he covers it up with a bad attitude.

"Professor Snape; frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandma."

Longbottom looks frightened as he shakes his head vigorously. "Yes, but I don't want that boggart to turn into her, either."

"It won't," Professor Lupin assures the boy. "I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind." When Longbottom begins explaining what his grandma wears, Professor Lupin shakes his head, cutting the boy off. "We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do."

The professor walks to the boy and whispers something in his ear, seemingly making him relax a little. With that, the man takes his wand out, tells Longbottom to ready his wand, and unlocks the wardrobe. As the door slowly opens, it reveals Professor Snape, who's not actually Snape. The boggart walks toward the boy before he shouts, "Riddikulus," and Snape is suddenly wearing the absolute ugliest outfit I have ever seen. A green skirt and matching blazer. He has a red hand bag in his right hand and a black hat with a taxidermied bird on it. Professor Lupin praises the boy before telling the rest of us to form a line. I sigh, not wanting to take any part in this lesson in particular, but decide to do it anyway. And I manage to make it to the front of the line, right behind Weasley. I furrow my brows when Lupin puts on some music.