𝟒𝟏 | 𝑬𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑷𝑬

𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗣𝗟𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗦 made their big entrance, we were sent back to the common rooms for the night, but that's not all. On my way back, I heard Draco speaking lowly to someone, catching my attention. And because my curious self can't stay away from mysteries, I decided to follow.

And that leads me to where I am now. Standing outside Umbridge's office while she leads Potter and Granger out somewhere. Peaking inside, I see Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco holding Luna Lovegood, Longbottom, Weasley, and Weasley's sister hostage, stopping them from going anywhere. I may not like any of them, but I have to do something. They're Potter's back up and he's our only hope at defeating Voldemort.

Quietly, I pull out my wand and ready it before stepping into the room. Longbottom is the first time notice my presence, but soon afterwards, Crabbe and Goyle do, too. I know they're both lunk heads, but I can't have them interfering.

"Stupify!" I wave my wand at the two boys and they go flying. They hit the wall behind them, falling unconscious. I don't waste another second turning to Draco and waving my wand at him, too. "Expelliarmus!"

I catch his wand mid-air, stuffing it into the back pocket of my jeans. But I don't move my wand. Instead, I continue aiming it at Draco, slowly walking closer and closer to him until the tip of it is almost touching his throat. "I'm sorry, Draco. But you leave me with no choice. You four, go. Now!"

Out of the corner of my eye, Longbottom, Lovegood, and the two Weasley's run out of the room, careful not to trip over Crabbe and Goyle's bodies on the floor. Draco is staring at me with a look of betrayal on his face and it's almost laughable. "Don't you dare look at me like I'm the bad guy here, Draco. You know better than that."

"You were conspiring with Potter," he hisses angrily. "How else am I supposed to look at you?"

I shake my head. "I'm trying to save lives here, Draco. Don't you understand that? Voldemort is back and the Ministry doesn't believe it; are you really going to side with them over me? After everything we've been through."

Draco's Adam's apple bobs as he swallows hard and begins, "Lenora, I know-."

"Don't even try to reason with me, Draco. Not when you're on the wrong team. Harry and the others are trying to stop Voldemort."

His expression darkens exponentially and he swallows hard. "Oh, so you and Potter are on a first name basis now, are you? You're fratinizing with the enemy, Lenora!"

"That's what you're so worried about?" I scoff in disbelief. "Potter and I being on a first name basis? I can't believe you! If I'm fratinizing with the enemy, then what does that make you? I can't believe we're having this converdation right now. You can't control my life, Draco. You know just as well as I that if Voldemort becomes stronger, we'll both be forced to become death eaters. Is that what you really want? A miserable life of servitude to the Dark Lord? If so, you might as well run home and let your father know. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to know that his son has already made his decision."

Draco looks hurt at my words, but I just can't feel anything other than anger toward him right now. His jaw tightens when I nod my head in the direction of the door. "Well, go on."

"I promised you I won't become a death eater and I intend to keep that promise."

Clicking my tongue, I sigh. "I hope so."