𝟎𝟓 | 𝑺𝑳𝒀𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑵 𝑽𝑺 𝑮𝑹𝒀𝑭𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑶𝑹

"𝗪𝗘'𝗥𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗞 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗦𝗢𝗖𝗞𝗦 𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗜𝗡 this match! I just know it!" Eleanor exclaims excitedly. I giggle as the girl punches the air a couple times. There's a quidditch match today between the Slytherin and Gryffindor houses and Eleanor is 100% convinced that we're going to win. I want to win as well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we're guaranteed a win by far.

Gemma had been right last night as well. Much to all our protests, classes went on as normal. We're currently eating lunch right now, but my nerves are getting the better of me. I'm seriously so excited for this match, I could barely sleep last night. But I think that was mostly nerves from the troll coming into Hogwarts.

"Of course we are. We're Slytherin," Malfoy announces proudly.

I shrug and purse my lips. "I wouldn't be so sure, Malfoy. They've got Potter on their team now, remember? And he's the youngest seeker in a century, so he has to be good."

"Way to be a Debbie Downer," Eleanor moans, rolling her eyes. I give her a look.

"What? I'm just being honest, Eleanor."

The sound of an owl hooting silences our conversation and when I look up, I see a pretty white owl flying with a wrapped broom in its claws. I wonder what kind of broom it is? By the way it's shaped, and I'm just guessing here, it might be a Nimbus 2000.

After lunch, we continue with our classes. All I can think about right now is the quidditch match and it makes my classes drag in. Having to listen to Professor Flitwick talk about the same thing over and over is seriously getting on my nerves. And it doesn't help that one of the Gryffindork kids somehow managed to talk him into telling us a story about how good he was in his Charms class when he was going to Hogwarts. And having to listen to Snape mutter and moan about having to teach Potions instead of Defense Against the Dark Arts? Kind of getting old if you ask me. I don't know if he knows that everyone can hear him at his desk. But if he does, then he's just a grumpy old man.

After our classes end, Eleanor, Theo, Blaise, and I practically sprint to our dormitories to grab some warmer clothes. This November is a bit on the colder side so I grab a coat, hat, and scarf, along with some decorations to show my support to the Slytherin house.

Eleanor and I finish getting ready and wait outside for Blaise and Theo, who appear not long after us. The four of us rush to the quidditch field, getting a good seat in the stands before too many people start showing up. Eventually, the stands start getting crowded and soon enough, everyone from Hogwarts is in the stands, apart from the quidditch players, of course.

I wait impatiently for the players to fly out on their brooms, and as I wait, I feel someone step on my foot, making me hiss in pain. My head snaps to my left to see Malfoy. "Watch where you step, Malfoy. That was my foot."

He looks at me, "Well, I kind of can't right now. I'm being shoved around."

Someone pushes me and I topple over, falling into the blond boy. He catches me, almost falling over in the process before helping me up, the pair of us sending deadly glares to the girl that pushed me. "Watch what you're doing."

I furrow my brows and look at Malfoy, my cheeks growing hot. We just spoke at the same time; that was... weird.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts first quidditch game of the season. Today's game: Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" I cheer as the quidditch players fly around the stadium. If I'm being completely honest with myself, Oliver Wood looks incredible right now. But he's way to old for me; he's a fifth year so there's no way I'll have a chance with him, because by the time I'm old enough, he'll be long gone. Which means I'll be stuck with these losers to choose from. The players make a circle in the air. "The players take their positions as Madame Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."