Chapter 36: My Dearest Daughter

Storm

December 22nd came around quickly as soon as most of the students left the castle. Storm had spent the last few days doing her homework in the Library with Hermione or sitting with the Gryffindor trio in the Great Hall. Or even - and this was very fun - turning ideas into reality with Fred and George, whose knowledge of Zonko's Joke Shop were beyond phenomenal.
And when Storm awoke on the day of her 17th birthday - to an empty dormitory - she immediately slammed her pillow over her face, letting out a groan.
"Great." She said aloud to the darkness of the room, it being around 6am. A lie-in was enough to acknowledge that it was in fact, the day of her birth. But as far as she was concerned, she had no desire to let that go further as she didn't feel particularly up for celebrating a time that she could remember. When everything was, perfect. When, the troubles of life were shielded by those she loved most.
She hadn't exactly been jumping with enthusiasm at any birthday prior, but this one more than others, was different in all kinds of ways. But she didn't need to get into all that, again.

Storm lay there, thinking about nothing as she enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Slytherin dungeons, that were void of boisterous noise and near-constant sessions of drinking until all hours when they did not have classes the next day.
17.
Storm let out a laugh, snuggling into the emerald silk sheets. She didn't feel any different. But she couldn't believe, now that she actually thought about it, how much had happened in so short a time.    
Childhood.
Such a short time in the span of a well-lived life. And Storm felt that she'd lived at least two, maybe three lifetimes already. But what was next for her? There was still so much unanswered, unknown.
Coming Of-Age was nothing exciting - she'd already been using magic well before she'd even started school.
What would she do now?
She knew she wouldn't be allowed to get an actual paying job as an Auror. But part of her hoped she could find some way to do something useful.

At half past 7, Storm emerged from the bathroom, her face now free of their scars and her hair in wild electric blue curls - she had improved on the hair front, although, not by much. It still pissed her off to no end.
     Storm was glad to be able to wear something that wasn't uniform and robes, opting for a pair of shredded black and white checked jeans and a ripped yellow t-shirt with the logo of the Sex Pistols plastered on the front. The yellow matched that of the laces on her black combat boots that reached the middle of her shins. Pulling her customised leather jacket she had bought in the states - with patches all over it - over her shoulders.
     According to Professor Snape, those Of-Age were allowed to come and go from Hogsmeade during the holidays. And Storm had respectfully resisted.
     Until today.
     She wanted to get absolutely blathered. But she wouldn't leave the castle until at least 12. She couldn't been seen to be drinking too early.
     Meeting her white eyes in the reflection of her mirror, she hooked her bumbag around her waist and left the dormitory. Hopefully, she could avoid everyone. Although not many had stayed at Hogwarts for Christmas, most opting to go home; the presence of the Dementors putting them off staying.
But Storm did not want to go back to the flat in Diagon Alley. She did not want to have to go about the street, knowing her story had been twisted and misconstrued in peoples' minds.

The castle was eerily quiet as Storm seemed to look where she was going, instead of always being in deep conversation with Liberty or Theo. Evan was acting odd. And, at first, she'd believed herself to be the cause of his mood swings. However, the last week of the term darkened Evan so much, she knew there had to be something that was bothering him.
She walked through the dungeons, and up the stairs into the Entrance Hall, the gleaming suits of armour was surrounded by Christmas decorations. And, as though being totally blind to the festive atmosphere in the weeks leading to the holidays, Storm took a moment to notice the Great Hall's beauty. It was decked out in twelve Christmas trees with sparkling icicles, a couple with hundreds of lit candles. Holly and some enchanted Mistletoe (that Storm had altered with the help of Fred and George) were hung around all over the place, especially right over the entrance to the hall.