Chapter 23: Poorly Penned

No One's Point of View

     The ferocious flames of fast-spreading gossip was once again alit through the bustling halls of Hogwarts castle. And, for once, there seemed to be no rivalries between Slytherin and Gryffindor, as the school rushed to those who had witnessed the anomalies of the night before Halloween. The stories had been shared over and over on endless repeat, as tellings of Ellestormé's encounter with the hooded guards and subsequent tsunami-like wave at the Black Lake were exchanged at every opportunity.
     It was all anyone could speak of on the day of the 31st, however, late into the night, even more thrilling tales threw fuel onto the burning inferno.
     Many had believed Ellestormé's involvement of aiding Sirius Black into the castle, and had accused her of betraying their safety. But when Evan Rosier II had been released from the Hospital the following Monday morning, he'd explained that Ellestormé hadn't left, owing to being in some kind of magical coma. To which he then added his own experience into the mix.
     Coma? That was another thing the students of Hogwarts couldn't understand. What had happened to her? Was she alive? And, of course, when would she be back in classes?

     All throughout the weeks that followed, the anticipation grew tenfold, Professors warning their pupils not to go near Ellestormé. Madam Pomfrey kept an ever closer eye on the comings and goings of her medical chambers. But as November was nearing to a close, the excitement at the upcoming Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff match that Saturday, had distracted them in their curiosity. And, as the school settled in from dinner on Friday night, they momentarily forgot about who was in the castle with them.

Storm

Storm had taken a detour on the way to the Astronomy Tower, making her way to her dormitory with the utmost stealth, unseen by prying eyes. She had never felt so invisible, sensing dips and peaks in the magical vibrations as she slithered through the castle, wanting to go unnoticed until she had all the facts. There was nothing for it now. She had to know. It was a desperate need that took precedence in her mind.
So, armed with more than one old newspaper, Storm sat at the very top of the highest tower, legs swinging over the side as she pulled her black cloak tight around herself, taking a deep, shaking breath, turning over the first newspaper published her very first week, unfolding it in steady hands.

BREAKING NEWS!
Dead Auror is spotted in Kings Cross. Alex Moody sees off mystery witch to school. Full story - Page 2

She turned to page 2, and braced herself.

     During the height of the Wizarding War, He Who Must Not Be Named reigned with terror and destruction, the Death Eaters doing his nasty bidding, tearing families and communities apart.
     But many opposed, fighting against him. Four in particular; Frank and Alice Longbottom and Mad-Eye and Alexiandra Moody.
     But the full brunt of You-Know-Who's forces were focussed on two very public places; The Ministry and the House of Caeruleus. The house of noble blood.
While the Aurors were fighting head-on, they were killed in their numbers as they refused to surrender to his madness.
And many innocent people were slain. Witch, wizard and child. Notably, the newborn infant (of Mad-Eye and his wife), who was killed by Evan Rosier in the summer of 1980.

Many fell, heroes of war.
Or were they?
Many believed, until September 1st this year, that Alex Moody had been killed by Evan Rosier (killed by Mad-Eye in 1981) around the same time as their son. But here at the Prophet, we are shocked to learn that Alex Moody faked her own death in order to go abroad with the mystery witch (pictured, front page).
But who is this witch?
Our sources can confirm that it is none other than Ellestormé Venus Black - daughter of escaped convict Sirius Black and the late Isabella, Princess Royale of Caeruleus.