Author's Note

Hello, dear readers!

     First, I thank you for choosing this book. It has been years in the making and has been started and re-started more times Padfoot and Prongs got detention! It has been a journey of blood, sweat and - on occasion - tears! 😂
     But I am a perfectionist, and nothing but the best is acceptable to me. So I welcome constructive criticism, so please - take no prisoners!
     The reason for this Author's Note (which I plan to be the only one in this book because I hate them), is for the
EXTREMELY SENSITIVE CONTENT - from the outset and throughout.

     • This is the ONLY Author's Note, so be prepared from Prologue.

     I understand that much of what I have written will be a trigger for many who have - unfortunately - been affected by such horrors.
     But personally, detailing such specifics does not bring pain to me. That is not to say that everyone is the same, because they are not.

BUT THAT IS OKAY!

     But me, your Author, is a loud-mouthed, straight-talking, brutally honest arsehole. But I'm a nice arsehole - like one of those bleached ones celebrities get.
     And I have a tendency to write (this), with as little to no filter as is usual to me. I am opinionated, but respectful.
     But if, for any reason, you know you will be offended or triggered by the subjects detailed in this Note, then please, do not read. Because I would hate for your view of fanfiction to be tainted, even if in a small (or big) way.
     And I'd also like to point out that I do not have intimidate knowledge of many things detailed below. So if there is anything that is incorrect or slightly 'off' in terms of fact, please let me know so I can alter it. And do so in a nice way please because, well, I'm only human!

     And we all make mistakes.

     Following content will include (though not all found in Book 1):

Strong Language
• Drug/Alcohol Abuse
• Racism/Prejudice
Violence
• Physical and Mental Abuse
• Sexual Abuse
• Mental Health (Variety)
• Suicide

     ALSO;

• Consented Sex;
     > SMUT
• Love
• Heartbreak
• Laughter
• Fun

(Though many will not appear until further books)

     While there ARE deep topics covered, I hope everything else makes up for it! Because as I say - it's been a LONG TIME PLANNED!

     This is BOOK 1 of the CUSTOS TERRAE SERIES.

     The other books in this series are as follows:

The First Signs of a Storm (Book 1)
• The Calm Before the Tempest (Book 2)
• The Deep Breath Before the Dive (Book 3)
• The Burden of Duty (Book 3.5) (Stand-Alone)
• A Stumble into War (Book 4)
• Loveless Whisper (Book 4.5) (Stand-Alone)
• The Eye of the Storm (Book 5)
• The Weight of Sacrifice (Book 6)

     So, without further ado, let us begin!