Chapter 30: Thirty Points to Slytherin

Storm

For Storm, life at Hogwarts had taken a dramatic turn when she had waltzed into the Great Hall for breakfast first thing on Monday morning, with Liberty in tow - who was still in a rage over the weekends' match. Her bitter dislike for her own brother reaching boiling point. But Storm was the complete opposite - no longer affected by what had transpired. In other words; she had gotten the fuck over it.
Her Sunday had consisted of being cooped up in her dormitory, surrounded by parchment and books, her music blaring from breakfast til dinner. Storm had ploughed through her mountain of homework, having no interest in going out of the common room: too many distractions. That being said - there were a few within the Slytherin dungeons too. The younger students seemed enthralled by what they'd witnessed that Saturday and had taken to exchanging opinions at any given moment.
But Storm could not find any fucks to give.

She had not acknowledged the raving reviews passed around her. Nor did she welcome the countless compliments from others who admitted to her that she'd done what they wished they could, their admiring eyes following her across the hall.
Storm knew that she was the only one to move on, watching Professor Lupin take a seat at the teachers table, looking as worn as ever, with purple bags under his eyes - the full moon that coming night. Although she was not a child of the moon, Storm could sympathise with the exhaustion, her own sleeping pattern entirely off, despite having been in a magical coma for over a month.
But she would not be blessed with a good night's sleep that night, because - whether he liked it or not - she had decided that she would finally comfort her Uncle Moony on his monthly transformations. She wanted to make sure he had someone. Professor Lupin caught her eye as she stared at him, deep in thought.
Sending him a smile, Storm knew he would object to her putting herself in danger by accompanying him to the Shrieking Shack. But in the absence of the other Marauders, she couldn't ignore it now that he was no longer just her Professor.

"How I haven't killed him yet, baffles me!" Snapped Liberty darkly later that morning as the two of them walked into Charms, Theo and Evan still at breakfast, discussing the latest person of annoyance. "You'd never believe we were related, let alone spent nine months in the womb together. Honestly!" She scoffed, collapsing into a seat at the far end of the desks, throwing her back down carelessly. "I actually hate him. Even as kids, he was always a massive wanker. Some people feel some form of love for their sibling. But I don't. I wouldn't waste my piss on him if he was on fire." She said firmly, crossing her arms over her chest, Storm laughing at her cousins never-ending rants.
"Not that I can make much of a comment, but from my limited run-ins with him - I'd say you're right." Storm nodded, smirking. "He is - a wanker."
     "Are you talking about Roman again?!" Came the exasperated groan of Theo, as he and Evan rounded the door. Liberty laughed humourlessly.
     "Well then distract me." She said icily. "Because all I can think about is how much I hate most of our own house. The Sorting Hat didn't tell me that when it chucked me in Slytherin. Six years of my life and I still hate the colour green."
     Storm couldn't help but laugh along with Evan, who took a seat beside Storm, Theo on his other side, himself rolling his eyes at her.
     "Bit angry at the moment, aren't you?" Evan teased, placing his wand on the desk in front of him. "He hasn't been anymore dick-ish than usual - something else has clearly got your wand in a knot." He paused, leaning over the table to better see the scowling skinhead. "So, what is it?" He pressed, Storm catching Theo's eye, who shrugged at her.
Liberty tutted loudly. "Roman is the bane of my existence." She grumbled. "Apparently he told my grandmother than I was going to skip the Annual Christmas Ball this year - and now she's forcing me to go." She huffed. "I hate my family. And I hate that fucking Ball. She makes me wear a dress. Every. Single. Year."
The thought of Liberty in a dress made Storm burst into hysterics, Liberty's murderous glare adding to her laughter as Theo's thoughts went to the same place.
"Yeah!" He sniggered, as Liberty turned her scowl to Theo. "That green puffy thing you wore last year was hilarious!"
Evan, obviously knowing the ensemble Theo was referring to, snorted with his hand over his mouth as Liberty slammed her fist on the desk as Lennox Redwood came into the room, her blonde ponytail swinging.
"Not for me." Liberty hissed as Storm caught Lennox' eye, the boys still mocking her.