46*

Ten Months Later

Ten Months Later

"ELLA!" I heard Alex yell, I stood up from rocking Alayah and heard a fit of giggles before a hurried crawl. I walked into the office to see Alex soaked with water and his PC completely shut off.

"What happened?" I asked seeing the situation in front of me.

"Your devil child decided it would be fun to turn off the entire system" He stated in a matter-of- fact tone and I sighed.

"Where even is he?" I asked looking around and just then a banging noise came from the closet.  

I placed Alayah down in Alex's arms, sped towards the slightly open closet and opened it fully. All of Alex's clothes that were level reach to him were toppled to the ground.

Only Aleksei's legs remained out in the open. Sighing, I shoved the clothes off him and picked him up throwing him into the air.

"You giving Papa a hard time" I said while tickling his side causing him to burst into a fit of giggles.

"What am I going to do with you" I said with a sigh while walking out the closet.

"Alex he-" I started but stopped in my tracks when I saw him rocking Alayah with a smile, as if he completely forgot about the previous events.

Someone has favorites

"Love, we'll get someone to fix up the closes. It seems this one just needs more attention" I said while giving him a pointed look.

He nodded almost absent-mindedly and then walked over towards the couch. I grabbed his favorite toy which was scattered all over the floor with the rest and handed it to him. As I headed towards the door I called out a reminder.

"Remember, we leave for the park in thirty minutes. Get Alayah ready and she has to be up by twenty" I said and walked out the door.

"Alright baby, do you wanna go get ready" I cooed at him and he just snuggled his head on my shoulder.

"Come on, lets get you changed" I said, and headed up the stairs to his room. Alex and I have tried to give the two of them separate rooms because they individually had a lot of stuff from Elias and they were also very loud babies.

But the two were connected and anyone could see that whenever Alayah was somewhere, Aleksei was never far behind.

So in the end we decided to just have them share the same room. 

The two of them have totally different personalities. Aleksei is the wild child and usually likes to annoy his father or find some way to have the attention on him. Opposite to him, Alayah is a quiet baby and usually doesn't bother anyone unless she wants something.

In that case, she will wake up the whole house and make her presence known without and ounce of regret.

Two polar opposites.