08*

When I open my eyes, the sounds of loud talking surround me

When I open my eyes, the sounds of loud talking surround me. My blurry vision turns clear as I  repetitively blink trying to differentiate the different people around me.

"Oh you are awake?" A nurse said as she looks up at me. I nod my head at her in reply.

"Good good, now I'm not exactly sure what caused it but you were out for two days straight. Through this, your body is mostly healed and you only have a couple of tests you need to run, besides that you should be all good to go" She explains in a cheerful tone.

"Okay"

The nurse walks off for a second an goes to a closet in my hospital room that I never knew existed. She came back and sat down beside the bed.

"Patients must go through a series of tests before they can be discharged. So I'm going to have to put you through them. Understand?" She questions seriously while looking down at her clipboard. I nod my head as she finally looks up.

"Awesome. let's get started. First here, use my arm and try to sit up" She said. I grabbed a hold of her arm and pushed my body as hard as I can up and somehow managed to sit up straight. 

"Perfect. Now I want you to move your body and sit with your legs hanging off the bed, without my arms support" She asked. I let go of her arm and attempted to move my body through the bed. As I positioned for my leg to turn a sharp pain hit my lower leg causing me to scream out involuntarily.

"Oh my, what's wrong?" She asks with extreme worry as I quickly moved my leg to the side in order to get rid of that unbearable pain.

"I'm fine" I reply nonchalantly as I sit up in the position she asked me to do. She nods her head and then writes something down.

"Alright now try to stand up" With her words I stand up with a little bit of leg pain.

"Good" She praises.

"Now attempt to walk" She asks again. I take one step forward barely managing to balance. Seeing my struggles she stands up and holds my arm. I walk around in the same circle about five times before getting the hang of it without struggling.

"Awesome!" She exclaims as she turns me towards the bed. I take a seat on the bed and she sits on the chair.

"You have basically passed the test. For the most part, your physical state is working well. My partner will come in a check on your body. Sit tight until them" She says and then stands up from her seat. She walked towards the door and just as her hand reached the doorknob the door opened again and in came a male nurse.

They said some brief words to each other before she left and he walked towards me.

"Hello, my name is Nurse Brian, i'll be doing the last part of your checkup today" He introduces. I greet him back politely before I lie down at his command.

"Miss, I will just scan your entire body so just stay still and keep your eyes closed" He said as I close my eyes hearing a bunch of wires and noises going off. After a couple minutes of confusion and cluelessness, he speaks.