16*

I had been strolling to solve this issue for a while

I had been strolling to solve this issue for a while. Some of the assets that our company owns currently have very low security. 

I was typing away on the computer when Chief walked inside the room.

"Good Morning" Our chief greeted as he entered the room. We all looked up at him some greeting him with a simple nod while others replied back.

"I have some news for you all" He said and everyone's attention immediately fell on him.

"Mr. Romero had called me earlier and told us that he needed a replacement for a temporary assistant. An important company meeting is occurring tomorrow and James just resigned. He needs an immediate temporary one until he is able to find a permanent one" He explains and everyone begins whispering in between each other.

"Why on earth would someone willingly do that to themselves?" Ava shrieked out while looking at me.

"Doesn't Isabella usually do this? Where is she?" One guy in the back questioned and everyone agreed with him.

"Well yes. I would usually send Isabella but She isn't here today and she won't be coming back for a couple more days to work" Chief explained. His eyes scanned the crowd before they fell on Ava and Lucas who were shuffling behind me in order to not be picked out.

"Where's Lucas? Didn't he usually send out the daily reports recently?" He called out and Lucas pushed his girlfriend in front causing Ava to yelp and glare at him.

I stifled a laugh and just looked in the opposite direction. I really wasn't trying to be with Alexander twenty-four-seven.

"C-chief" He stuttered out as I moved away showing him to the crowd.

"Lucas, you will be assisting Mr. Romero until further notice" He said and Lucas went pale.

"Lucas, are you feeling sick" Chief asked after a while of looking at his extremely pale face.

"Uhmm Yeah, yes I am" He said going with the lie, and then began going on a whole couching fit.

"Alright who else is more familiar with Mr. Romero?" Chief asked and everyone then pointed at me. My eyes widened as I started putting up the courage to make up an excuse but it was too late.

"Oh yes, I almost didn't see you there. You really covered yourself well with the outfit" He pointed out.

"Chief-" I started but he cut me off.

"You will go Briella. You've been most acquainted with him" He said and just as I was about to make an excuse, he glared at me effectively shutting me up. I sighed and placed my laptop on the desk before approaching him.

"When do I go chief?" I questioned and he looked up and me before dialing a number.

"Now"

-----