44*

If someone told me that having a pregnant wife is like taking care of a tired toddler, I wouldn't have signed up for this

Her emotions are never straight, one second she is crying, the next she's laughing, and the next she's mad at me for no reason, before she goes back to her emotionless self.

I have continued work yet mostly stuck to doing my work online. Roman is taking care of all the in person requirements. 

Ella was continuing work though. I would usually go in with her most days and do my own work.

After a specific point, she too began doing it online and left all the in-person requirements for Ivan to handle.

"ALEXANDER" I heard my dear wife yell. I let out a sigh standing up.

This is how it's been going.

Week 7

"Darling, where do you want to eat?" I ask as she was lying curled up on my lap. She mutters some incoherent words and then wraps her body around more.

My hands curl around her hair as I slightly massage it. It brought me more comfort than it brought her.

"Umm maybe sushi or salmon" She says and I look at her with a frown before chuckling slightly.

"Salmon?" I question again. When I look down I see tears clouded her eyes and my eyes widen slightly.

Okay, that is not what I expected the outcome.

"Darling?" I call out hesitant.

"Y-your making fun of me" She sniffled out as tears fell down and I couldn't hold my surprise.

"No- I wasn't. I promise I just- Salmon is a very funny name and it just reminded me of a joke" I said making a random excuse that came to head. Her sweatshirt that draped over her hands came down to her eyes.

"Really?" She asks innocently and I nod my head.

"Yes Ella. I promise I wasn't making fun of you." Suddenly her eyes filled with more tears.

"What- Why are you crying?" I ask while pulling her hands away from her face.

"You called me E-Ella, not darling. Your mad at me" She cried out and I sighed.

"I'm not mad at you darling. I promise. I won't call you that anymore okay" I cooed at her and she nodded her head.

"Alright, enough of the tears. Let's get some food" I said while wiping the tears from her face. After a couple minutes her breathing slowed and she fell asleep again.

"How many more minutes?" I ask our driver and silently order him to driver slower than usual because I didn't want to disturb Ella.

"About 17 minutes until our destination Sir" He responds and I nod my head. I look back down at my wife caressing her hair once more before I pull out my phone.