35*

He hung up on me not saying a word more

I stare into the distance of the road as I drive through. My mind was racing and it was chaotic. I couldn't figure out how this conversation was going to end. 

Ten minutes later, I pull up in the driveway. Parking, I quickly grabbed my purse from the back and sped walked towards the door. I fumbled with the keys trying to reach for them in my pocket before managing to take them out and unlocking the door.

When I enter the house, I am met with silence.

"Hello? Martha?" I call out but got no reply.

"He probably sent the maids home" I muttered under my breath while hanging my purse at the door entrance and putting my pair of keys in the basket. 

Just as I am taking off my shoes, my phone suddenly goes off indicating I go a text. I finish taking them off and put them to the side before digging into my pocket and taking my phone out.

Unlocking it, I looked to see it was a message from Alex.

---

Family Sperm Donor🥰😱

Come to my office.

---

I didn't reply to him knowing good well he probably heard me calling out for someone. I closed my phone and headed towards his office.

I reached the front of his office door and felt an uneasy silence. I contemplated knocking before I slowly retracted my hand and just turned the doorknob opening it. I walked in, closing the door behind me before I approached the chair from across the sofa.

"You came" He said in an almost odd voice causing me to frown.

"I did. Why were you acting like that?" I asked

He slowly leaned back in the chair looking down.

"Do you know who they are?" He asked.

"They were someone whom I was tasked to tasked to take down. The FBI have been trying to catch them for a while but they kept on escaping" I explain not really getting where he was coming from.

I knew that he was once under their roof but I didn't want to mention that seeing as though I didn't find any connection.

"Have you ever wondered who my mother was?" He questioned in a quiet and hoarse tone.

"Sometimes" I replied.

"My biological mother is Joann Ron also previously known as Joann Romero. The woman whom you saw today" He started and my eyes widened.

"I-i" I started not knowing what to say.

"Don't- Let me finish" He said while looking up at me. I nodded my head.