05*

"Mr

"Mr. Romero, the president is here and requests to speak to you" My assistant says while entering my office. Without looking up from the documents I nod my head.

"Let him in" I reply with no emotion. I heard the door shut after a couple of seconds indicating that he was gone. 

About a minute later another knock sounds on the door.

"Enter" 

I hear the door slowly creak open and i lift my head to see my father walk in with two guards behind him.

"Wait outside the office" He orders and the two guards nod their head and take a step back. My father closes the door and walks over to the sofa and takes a seat.

"Father" I greet breaking the silence.

"Son. How is everything progressing?"

"Well" I reply simply. When he doesn't speak for a good second I look up with a frown to see what is happening.

"I need more than one-word answers Alex"

"it is going well" I say in a mocking tone causing him to glare at me.

"Did you get the deal with Nationals Inc?" He questions. I shake my head.

"We have decided to reschedule since an issue happened and there company's representative couldn't make it. We have the meeting tomorrow" i explain and he nods his head.

"Alex" He starts after a second and hearing a coddling tone I roll my eyes ready to hear what he's about to say.

"When are you going to get married?" He questions and I shake my head.

"Not anytime soon" 

"Alexander, you need a wife. You know I cannot fully hand this company down to you until you get one. Your late grandfather added this to the requirement and when are you going to let this old man get some rest. Its time for me to retire son" He rants on. I just stare at him without any emotion causing him to shake his head.

"Come on son just find someone who can at least help you with the company?" He continues as he tries to convince me.

"You do know that if you reach 30 and you still haven't gotten married, i will have to give this up to someone else" He says with a hidden smirk. I lift my head from my papers to glare at him but immediately turn my gaze away and continue looking through more documents.

"Would you like to arrange a marriage for you then?" he continues questioning.

"Absolutely not" I reply coldly causing him to sigh in defeat.

"Child what do you want me to do if you are that stubborn?" He exclaims while throwing his head back.

"I don't know, burn the requirements contract" I reply nonchalantly. He straightens himself and stares at me wide-eyed.