19*

My eyes opened just as the sun began shining through the window

My eyes opened just as the sun began shining through the window. I looked to my side to see no one there. Observing the room, I realized that I was in an unfamiliar surrounding.

Just as I was about to call out for help, the door creaks open causing me to look up.

"I see you're awake" Alexander's hoarse morning voice sounds as he looks at me.

"Mhm" I hum and then sit up straight.

"Where am I?" I question

"The guest bedroom on the third floor. It was the closest one after you fainted last night" He explained as he approached the vanity and sat in the chair. I moved my seated position near the edge of the bed as I let my legs hang down.

"Are you scared of the thunder?" He suddenly questions while turning around to face me.

"To some extent. At times it becomes my biggest fear but at other times, my favorite comfort" I reply and he nods his head before standing up.

"Let's get you to breakfast and then you could have a shower." He says while approaching me.

"I'm not that hungry could you just get me the usual coffee? Martha knows what I'm talking about" I said while laying the top of my body back down on the bed.

"You need to eat food Briella, you will become weak" He insisted.

"I will be fine" I replied again.

"Stand Briella" He ordered, this time his tone was firm. I ignored him and closed my eyes. He sighed before lifting me up and carrying me over his shoulder causing me to shriek in surprise.

"ALEXANDER" I yelled out as I gripped onto his back but he just ignored my continuous rant and carried me all the way downstairs. 

At the bottom of the second-floor steps, Elias was walking up when he stopped and saw us. He gave Alexander a questioning look as to what all the noise and chaos was about.

"She was being a brat" He replied groggily to his father's silent question causing Elias to just chuckle and continue his way up the steps.

I wanted to kick my legs but before I could even think of doing it his arms trapped them firmly on his chest.

"Behave" He warned and I just huffed in annoyance and stopped resisting until we reached the dining table.

He dropped me on the chair and I finally looked around at my surroundings to see Roman already at the table with an annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"Well good morning to you too lovebirds" He teased and I just rolled my eyes as I picked up my fork and began eating the pancakes.

"Roman" Alexander said looking up at him.

"Yes?" Roman replied back with a grin.

"Shut up" He ordered coldly causing his grin to fall.

"Bastard" He muttered under his breath as he took a bite of his waffles. I looked in between the two men and just shook my head