21*

The bright Monday morning shun as I walked inside the Romero Inc

The bright Monday morning shun as I walked inside the Romero Inc. building.

"Good morning " I greeted the respostionist and swiped my card through.

"Morning Briella" Sarah replied. She was a lovely young but smart woman. The guards that surrounded the halls looked towards me as I gave them a slight nod.

I hit the button of the elevator and waited for it to come. Walking inside, I look one more time at my watch before clicking the top floor.

6:56 am

Taping my foot repeatedly, I tried to calm my nerves as people got on and off the elevator to their own sections.

It finally reached the top floor and I looked down at my watch as I exited the elevator once again.

6:59 am

I hurried walked in the direction of his office and knocked on his door.

"Enter" His hoarse voice spoke coldly.

I opened the door slightly and entered. Walking towards the table I placed the coffee in front of him before taking a seat. he looked up at me a nodded.

"Morning, I am on time" I said while placing the files I was supposed to complete over the weekend in front of him. He picked them off the table and rummaged through them briefly before placing them aside.

Taking a sip from his coffee I waited for him to speak.

But he never did.

"When can I go back to my actual job?" I asked the question that I was holding back for too long.

"Not yet" he replied simply. His deep morning voice was very evident.

"What does not yet mean?" I questioned again while raising a brow. The amount of times we have been through this conversation and it still hasn't gone anywhere is genuinely concerning to me.

"It means not yet" He spoke again causing me to roll my eyes.

"It means not yet" I mocked his words in annoyance as he looked up at me with a pointed look.

"Cut the attitude" He ordered. I gave him a fake smile before standing up to leave.

"Sit down. Where do you think you are going" he questioned.

"To complete my work for the day" I replied while crossing my arms.

"You said you wanted to leave the position right?" He questioned and a sparkle of hope glimmered in my eyes as I nodded frantically.

"Then from now on you'll be dealing with hiring a new assistant for me, as well as your daily duties" He said with an evil smirk. My bright face immediately dropped as I was about to protest.

"Ah, not another word. You wanted this right. Be content with what I give you" he stopped me. 

My shoulders dropped abruptly as a sigh of annoyance left my lips.