32*

Québec, Canada

Québec, Canada

The cold winds flew silently through the city of Montreal. It was fall, and the green leaves fell from the trees and the red, orange and yellow colors took over the wilderness.

Liam had came back from a stressful day at work when he entered to see Grace sitting on the couch talking to someone on the phone as she laughed loudly.

It wasn't unknown to Liam that she wasn't contributing anything and basically made him do it all, from work, to the house chores, using the same excuse that it was 'a man's job'. 

He always let it go because if he ever brought up the topic, she would immediately push out her tears and that was the last thing Liam wanted to deal with after a long day at work.

"Hey, I'm home" He said loudly finally catching her attention. She sat up straight from her seat where she was lying back.

"Oh hey" Grace replied as her smile left her face, a face one replacing it.

"Is their food?" He asks and she shakes her head laying back down.

"I don't know make it. Also, make some for me as well. I'm hungry and you weren't home all day" She complains and Liam internally sighs. He didn't think his life would turn out like this.

"Grace could you make us something today? I feel sick" He retorted but she just gave him a pointed look. 

"If you were so sick then you wouldn't have been able to go to work. Just make me a plate. Is that so hard?" She questions.

"You know I'm getting tired-" he starts speaking loudly only to be cut off by a sniffle. 

"I do so much for you and you can't do this one thing for me. I love you. I love you Liam. Please, for me" She cries out and his hardened face suddenly softens.

"Fine, but tomorrow you have to make something for us" he replies and she smiles nodding her head.

"Fool" Grace mutters under her breath while laughing at him. She picked up her phone and dialed the number again.

"Hey baby sorry about that. My brother was just being annoying like usual" She scoffs as she continues their conversation. 

----

"Grace" Liam calls out as they sit and eat together. 

"You put back the plates and wash the dishes" He replied and she shook her head.

"You know I hate dishes Liam, it disgusts me. I'm germophobic" She replies while giving him a look of disgust.

"That's why we have gloves" He answers and her mind goes blank as she realizes she has no excuse.

"No I am not putting up with another excuse. Wash them. I've been doing it the whole relationship, it's time you take responsibility"

"I am not washing them" She yells back.