Carlos and Celine, Celine and Carlos Part 4

Part 4

Jace knocked on the door of Celine's bedroom holding a Java Jones paper bag in one hand and a cup of steaming Hot Black coffee in another, it had been a few days since The New Year's Party and Celine still refuses to come out of her room.

"Celine," Jace said gently "Open up-"
"Go away!" Her voice yelled from inside.
Jace lets out a sigh as Jonathan was walking past down the corridors, "She's not going to come out," he said as if he was telling Jace a fact that he didn't know.

Jace lets out a sigh and tries again, knocking at the door.
"I said Go Away!"
"I have Java Jones-"
There was a few seconds of silence before "Black Coffee with no sugar?"
"Black like your soul," said Jace without missing a beat "Just how you like it."

There was another few seconds of silence, Jace could hear Celine let out a great sigh of defeat, "Come in...but put it on the dressing table and leave!"

Jace nodded, even though he knew that Celine couldn't see him through the wooden door, he then reaches forward and gently pushes it open.

Celine was sat at her bed cross legged looking at her laptop screen with music blaring out at the speakers, paper of drawings, photographs and art supplies of penicls, brushes, paint and pieces of charcoal were scattered everywhere on the floor and surfaces. Jace had to be careful where he stepped.

Celine didn't even look up from her screen but knew that Jace was standing right infront of her, "I said leave it on the dressing table,"she said.

Jace raised an eyebrow and looked at his surroundings of mess, "Where?" He asked, Celine looked up from her screen and glared at her Dad holding her hand out for Jace to give her the cup of coffee and Java Jones bag.

Hesitantly and with a sigh Jace passes over her coffee, he watched as she took a sip of it and then balances it down onto her mattress without even worrying that it might spill "Leave," she said automatically
Kind of like an electronic robot looking back down at her screen.
"Celine-" Jace started,

"If you think that I am going to forgive you just because you bought me coffee, you have another thing coming."

"I know," Jace sighed sitting on the edge of the bed next to her "I know." But that still didn't stop Jace from trying, he couldn't help but glance at Celine's computer screen curious as to what she had been up to in here these past few days, he immediately come to recognize a photograph, a scene of The Taki's New Years Party a copy in Black and White and of colour: himself and Clary watching Jonathan proudly and holding hands as he performed on stage.

"Woah you took that?" he asked.
Celine nodded "I took a bunch, Want to see?"
"Of course."

This alone is a step of progress.
Celine passed Jace her laptop and Jace started to look through the slideshow of pictures, all that Celine had taken herself and were incredible. "Baby these are amazing-" the smile growing on his face the more that he looked at on the computer screen.
"Thank you," Celine said quietly.

Jace started to go through the photos more slowly as he reached the ones that Celine had taken of Carlos and then stopped at the photo that Carlos had taken of Celine on the dance floor.

"Did he take this?" Jace asked,
Celine looked over Jace's shoulder at the screen "Yeah...he insisted on taking one, he thought it would be a waste if I didn't have atleast one photo in that dress."

Jace lets out a breath that he didn't realise that he had even been holding and puts the laptop to the side of the bed. "He sounds...he sounds like a good guy..." Jace said hesitantly but with care wanting to slowly lead up on to why he actually wanted to speak with Celine, to apologise and to make things right.