papilio amantes

chapter fifty seven: papilio amantes

"What're we looking for again?" Suna asks as he picks up a small red medicine bottle.

"Pulmozyme or Nebusal. For Oikawa's coughing up blood. I think it might be a lung infection or something like that."

"Shit, I don't even know how to spell that let alone find it in this mess," he grumbles to himself.

"Well keep looking. If you see something else that says cystic fibrosis, we can take that, too."

"Man, this takes me back," Suna chuckles to himself.

"Please don't bring that up. I don't even want to think about it," you sigh. "I don't miss that era of my life at all."

"What? You don't miss when we were together?" he asks as he continues to look around the pharmacy.

"No," you smile softly to yourself as you skim each label. "I'm not saying I didn't miss you. I just don't miss what we did when we were together."

Just as you're about to round the corner, Suna steps in front of you, causing you to gasp and take a step back. He smirks as he leans his arm against one of the shelves and holds out a brown bag with a prescription label on it.

"But not everything," he hums as he leans closer to you. "I can think of at least one thing I'm sure you miss."

You roll your eyes as you take the bag from his hand and inspect it carefully. "You never did have good timing," you mutter as you read the label. "But thanks to Daigo Mizushima I don't need to continue this conversation. You found some Nebusal. Good job."

"Just 'cause we found it doesn't mean we need to leave yet," he whispers.

You smile at his comment, not sure if he's serious or not. Though, after everything the two of you went through, you're almost positive he's only teasing you.

"You know, it really is good to see you again, Rin," you hum softly. Frustratingly, Suna always was good at getting you on your knees and bending to his will. "I'm sorry I haven't seen you in over two years. I don't really know where the time went."

"In case you didn't notice, Y/N, the world is a bit crazy right now," he responds.

"Yeah, of course I know that. I'm talking about before then..."

"So Osamu seemed a bit on edge before the two of us came in here. How come he didn't want to stop?" he suddenly changes the subject as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other as he still leans against the aisle wall.

"It's a long story," you shake your head. "It's kind of how we met."

"And even though he felt that way he agreed in the end," Suna continues though you're not sure what his point is.

"Yeah, 'cause you did first," you scoff. "Besides, he didn't have much of a choice since you were the one driving."

"And what do you think of him?" he asks next.

"Of Osamu? I mean he can be kind of a dick sometimes but he's a good person I think," you then shrug.

"Do you like him?"

"Jesus, Rin," you groan as you throw your head back and roll your eyes. "Seriously? We don't have the time for this right now."

"Yeah, you never seem to have enough time, do you, Y/N?"

"I killed his fucking brother, Rin. Even if I ever did like Osamu, how could I possibly admit that to anyone? That's so fucked up," you grumble as you push your way past him, brushing your arm against his along the way.

"And me?" he says in a voice just quiet enough for you to barely hear him. You're not even sure if it was meant for you to hear at all.

"What about you?" you stop without glancing back at him for a second. "We broke up two years ago. There's nothing left to say."

"I don't think that's true," he responds softly as he slides his fingers into the palm of your free hand. When he turns you around slowly to face him, your whole body heats up. There was a point in time when you truly loved Suna. Perhaps in a different life, or a different world, it could have worked out.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispers again.

You curse to yourself as you go back in forth in your mind whether to say yes or no.

"So..." he continues, his voice somehow even softer.

After silently swearing to yourself that you won't stupidly catch feelings for your ex-boyfriend, you close your eyes and nod.

The moment his lips touch yours, he captures you into a desperately heated kiss. Instantly, you both know that everything that follows will leave you weak in the knees for the next week. Weak to him, too, but that's nothing new.

"You look so good post-apocalyptic," he murmurs between kisses as he takes the brown prescription bag from your hand and places it on the top shelf mixed in with the other medicine bottles.

"You always loved a girl who gets a little dirty."

"And you still fit the bill, sweetheart," he grins against your lips.

Suna pushes your back against the nearby wall and you wrap your arms around his neck, silently hoping he doesn't step back and leave you hanging.

Instead of waiting for him to make the next move, you lower your hands to his jacket and begin to pull it down his shoulders. Beneath, your fingers graze over his large arms that you remember gripping onto numerous times.

"Is this what you want?" he then asks you. It's quite a stupid question. He can obviously already see that you've lost your mind in the moment by the way you're pulling him closer to your body.

Not to mention how he pressed his hungry lips to your neck, not really giving you much of a choice. How could you possibly deny him when he's the only thing in the world you want right now?

Despite it all, you give the answer he already knew you were going to give. A quiet "yes" sneaks out better your lips as he grins against your skin.