panacea procilla

chapter twenty three: panacea procilla

A few days later, after most of your food has been eaten, your group decides it's time to go for yet another supply run. You, Tsukishima, Bokuto, and Kuroo all sling backpacks around your shoulders and exit the bus with a list of food to find. You didn't want to bring Bokuto with you, too worried that he might get seriously hurt, but you know that rejecting him will be just as detrimental to his health. Just as your group gets ready to leave, you hear someone call out your name. You turn around and see Atsumu walking up to you with Osamu at his side.

"We were wondering if we could come along, too," Atsumu directs at you, already knowing what Tsukishima and Kuroo's answer would be.

You don't pass a look at either of the two with you before nodding. "Sure, just grab a bag or something to carry stuff in. We'll meet you at the intersection!"

"Be right there!" Atsumu waves as he turns to his brother and nudges him in the arm. "Come on, let's go."

When the two of them run off, you, Tsukishima, Bokuto, and Kuroo begin your walk to the road. You already know what they're thinking, so you decide it's best to address it and get it over with.

"Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot with them, but they're really not that bad," you sigh.

"Y/N, we know, it's just that-" Kuroo begins before Tsukishima interrupts him.

"I'm fine with it," he shrugs. "You trust them so it's about time we do, too. I know you wouldn't purposefully let people stick around if you knew they were bad news. Besides, you haven't steered us wrong this far. I'm okay with it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I guess I can't really argue that," Kuroo sighs. "I'll try to get along with them. If not for your sake, but everyone else's, too."

"Same here," Bokuto nods.

"Thanks, guys," you smile as you stop walking at the agreed-upon intersection. "But if something does seem off with either of them, let me know. I'll get to the bottom of it."

"Will do," Kuroo says as Tsukishima and Bokuto nod.

Two minutes later, you see Atsumu and Osamu running toward you. When they finally make it, you continue on your way.

"How come we didn't take the bus, by the way?" Kuroo asks as your group turns a corner, Bokuto following closely on his crutches.

"It's only a short distance. I didn't think we needed to bring it. Besides, the others are there watching it," you explain.

"Makes sense," Osamu nods.

"How far away is it?" Atsumu then asks as he fixes the backpack on his shoulders.

"It's right here," you say as you point to a small, rundown building right across the street.

You look both ways before crossing the road. The door to the shop is flung open, and you're not sure if that means someone else is nearby or not.