charaxes jasius

chapter thirty: charades jasius

After your fishing excursion with Kuroo, you excuse yourself. Despite how you enjoy your time with him, you also would like some time alone. So, you put your fishing gear down and head off on your own.

On the opposite side of the woods from your bus is another street. You walk out to the road and head towards the conscience store. However, as you're walking through the street, you hear the sound of a car speeding up behind you.

Before you can run into the store, the car crashes into the building in front of you, completely cutting you off. A man with short, messy black hair and thick eyebrows steps out of the car. He holds a bat in both of his hands as he approaches you.

"Hey there, girly," he grins devilishly, "what are you doing out here alone?"

"Minding my own damn business as you should be," you scoff. You reach into your back pocket and realize you've got no weapons on you at all. You need to make sure you keep your distance at all costs.

"Oh? Can't we just mind our own businesses together, then?" he hums, stepping close to you.

"I'm not in the mood right now. Come back later and I might change my mind," you tell him as you take a step backward.

"But that's no fun," he shakes his head. "Don't make me whack you out."

"I'm not making you do anything," you scoff. "Can't you make your own decisions? You're like thirty."

"Thirty? Good guess sweetheart, but wrong."

"Like I care," you spit. "Fuck off."

"Why not spend a bit of time with me before you rush off," he grins again.

"No chance in hell!" a vaguely familiar voice shouts from across the street. You both look over and see Nishinoya with a shotgun in his hand. "Fuck off like she asked or I'll shoot!"

The man with the bat raises his hands and takes a step away from you. "Calm down, buddy. I wasn't looking for any trouble. I only wanted to spend some time with a lovely girl."

"She doesn't want to be anywhere near you, are you stupid? You think a pretty girl would want to be with someone as disgusting as you? Go fuck yourself, dude!" Nishinoya shouts back.

The man looks between you and Nishinoya once more before finally running back to his car and driving the half-damaged thing back down the road. Nishinoya then crosses the road and approaches you.