epidermolysis bullosa

chapter sixteen: epidermolysis bullosa

After endless bickering between Atsumu and Osamu, the former finally decides to stick with his brother. Tsukishima then arrives with Kenma and Kuroo. Apparently, he wandered the building but couldn't find Osamu- most likely because they ran out just after he ran in.

"So both of you are going back with us then?" you ask Osamu.

"Yes, and then we'll both be out of your way, I promise," he replies.

"Thank god," Tsukishima and Bokuto both whisper.

It takes about a day, but finally, you reach home. Tsukishima drives the bus down your familiar streets until he turns the corner and you can see your covered garden in the distance. However, just outside it where you left your makeshift first-aid kit, you find three people laying on the ground.

"The hell is that?" Kuroo curses as he leans forward in his seat and squints his eyes.

"Two women and one man. They look...dead," Tsukishima adds.

The two brothers approach where you stand behind the driver's seat. "I know what that is," Atsumu adds, "they've probably got that virus that's been goin' around."

"Either that or they actually are dead," Osamu shrugs.

"There's no virus," you sigh. "Kiyoko heard of it, too, but I haven't seen a single case of it this whole time. It's just a rumor that's been spread around. I hate to say it but I think they're gone. Maybe some kind of falling out over the supplies."

"Or maybe the supplies didn't work," Kenma adds.

"Hang on, who the fuck are you acting all high and mighty about the goddamn virus?" Atsumu spits.

"Tsumu, chill out. She's the one who let you on this damn bus, remember?" Osamu attempts to calm his brother down.

"I don't give a shit. Why do all of you just blindly agree with everything she says like she's some kind of brain surgeon or something," he continues to shout.

"Well, I'm not a brain surgeon but I am a doctor so I'd like to think I'm still well qualified to determine a person's condition," you smile politely at him just to piss him off that much more.

Atsumu finally shuts his mouth and lets his brother pull him away from his spot towering right over you. Knowing you won, you just ignore him and go back to figuring out just who is laying in your front yard.

"Tsukishima, can you pull over here so I can get out? It'll be best if one of us goes to see what's happening before we all get out."

"With that logic, shouldn't someone else go?" Kuroo interrupts. "I mean, you're a doctor. If something happens to you-"

"But I need to make sure the three of them are alive. I'll know how to help if they are, too. And if it is some imaginary virus, I'll know how to keep myself safe from it."