Chapter 31

Chapter 31

    The beast is dead, and several people are still in shock. Shaoba looked at the smashed head of the beast, and made a swallowing motion in shock, turning to Yaoguang: "...Thank you."

    Yaoguang: "You're welcome, thank you "I don't know. "

    Mao Zhi asked Suoba, "Didn't you say that there are no monsters here?"

    Suoba stared at the corpse for a long time before saying, "...I don't know."

    "It should have come from behind the hillside." Shaotu was half-kneeling on the ground, and a series of sporadic footprints spread over the hillside.

    He hesitated to look at Suohata: "Brother, why don't you wait until tomorrow to pick up seeds."

    Picking seeds requires a rucksack, so you can't carry too many weapons with you. If you run into monsters at this time, it will be dangerous.

    "No," Shaobata categorically refused, "it's already the last few days of planting, and if you delay it, the beasts will eat it." If you miss this time, you will have to wait a year for the next seed collection.

    "You guys go back first," he tidied up his rucksack, "I'll go by myself."

    But how could Shuotu be at ease and let Shuobata be alone, so naturally he would also follow.

    And as soon as he left, Yaoguang and Maozhi certainly wouldn't be left behind, and the last four decided to proceed as originally planned.

    Just in case, Shuobata pulled out four shotguns, one for each hand.

    Yaoguang asked, "Then let's go?"

    "Wait." Shaoba suddenly said.

    He walked quickly to the corpse, took out a small knife, cut open the belly of the beast, and began to dig out the organs inside.

    The three of Yaoguang stood aside and looked at his movements suspiciously.

    Maozhi looked at the forest, then at Shuobata, frowning: "Aren't you going?"

    "Wait first," Shuobata didn't lift his head, "These organs have to be destroyed."

    He wiped his face and explained to the three: "This is a wild lion beast. Its gallbladder and other organs are highly poisonous. If left unchecked, it will pollute the land, so the vegetation in this area will not be investigated much.

    " Chiliang said: "But isn't it all sandy land? No plants can be grown."

    But Shuoba shook his head.     " Desertification

    is only temporary," he said. "The land has not been permanently damaged. As long as you take good care of it, you can come back to life again."

Putting the cut organs into a bag, "We are the descendants of the land, and we have been gifted by the land all our lives. We cannot give up them just because the land is damaged."

    He stood up and smiled at the three of them: "Because— Where there is land, there are human beings." The

    three looked at each other.

    Shaotu seemed to want to say something, but in the end, he just said in a low voice, "...Okay."

    He took out the bag from his rucksack, and started cleaning up the corpse like Shaobata, while Yaoguang and Maozhi took out the corpse separately. A knife, squat down to decompose |corpse|body.

    Suohata looked at the three with a hint of relief in his eyes.

    He patted Shaotu's shoulder and said, "Ms. Rota made candied fruit recently, and I'll buy some for you when I go back."