A showcase with @HiImFebby author of: The Ballad of Triumph

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 Recently, I've been onto watching Chinese dramas and I particularly like to watch dramas that involve stories of deities, well that Xianxia-type of dramas mostly and that gave me a push to make a story of my own. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I really struggled with every chapter's flow. Though I already had some outlines, I even finished the ending of it XD writing every chapter that will eventually lead to my desired ending and every character's development is really a challenge. I also set a goal of writing no less than 3000 words per chapter haha.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoy researching about the myths and history of the culture I am trying to write. From ancient China's traditions, mythologies, and terms, really brings me some kind of happiness, and knowledge also hehe.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

So far, I haven't yet received responses from my readers since I did not yet focus on promoting it but I hope soon, will have some compliments for it. ^-^ 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

A stand-alone, for now, I would say. As I have mentioned, I already finished the ending, and I could say I am quite satisfied. Maybe if I finish this one, I would write a separate character's story. :)

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Although my story is still in its early phase, I would like the readers to always believe in their abilities. Their ability to make their own choices for the sake of the future they want to achieve. Remain steadfast and trust yourself.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Try doing outlines of the scenes you have in mind in every chapter. And then when you're finally writing it, you'll see that it is easier to put them all together to make it a whole chapter. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

For my Ballad of Triumph, I plan to completely portray Jing'An as the complete opposite of me. For my other stories, well yes, but this one is different. I hope to give justice to her character using my own writing ways hahaha. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Probably my long chapters? Jokes.

Aside from the book cover, I hope to draw new readers into diving into a whole new world of fantasy that I am creating for them.

10 do you have any future projects?

It is always a dream for me to write a fantasy novel related to my culture. Maybe soon, I'll try to write one based on Filipino Myths.:)