A showcase with @LTECcreations

author of: Roxy The Witch Vs A Tedious Amount of Side Quests 

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Actually, it's kind of a funny story. It was end of August and majority of stores were starting to roll out the Halloween products. I walked into Walgreens and I saw a basket of these Squishmallows. I saw this squishy pink witch in the distance and instantly a fragmented story came to me. After a bit of thinking, Roxy's story fully flourished into what it is today.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

In this story in particular it was definitely the magic elements. I have written fantasy in a long time, my past stories have been teetering closer to Sci-fi and mystery. Having to create a magical system was both hard and incredibly fun to do. Especially during action sequences, that took several rewrites to get right. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

What I enjoyed writing the most was the dialogue between Roxy and Kin. The dynamic Roxy and Kin have is truly entertaining. They have a genuine friendship and understanding of each other, writing the dialogue is like opening a box of surprises.  

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I was very thankful to see that the overall response of my readers was overflowingly positive! People really enjoyed the way I wrote the story and especially my descriptions. It made me really happy to see all of the lovely comments! 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

I've been asking myself that question too. Roxy's story will take a new approach, something different than to what I have previously done. Originally, this story was meant to be a standalone, but with all of the ideas I have, it definitely won't be. Following the culmination of this arc, Roxy story will continue in a different format. Much like several serialized stories, it will have arcs and funny moments in between. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would love them to leave my story feeling like they too went on an adventure. I really wrote this story because I always wanted to make fun adventure between a witch and her familiar. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Some advice I would give to fellow writers is for them write what they love, not what they think people would love. When you absolutely love what you create, the result is magical. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I would like to say yes. Most specifically, our unwavering determination to reach our goals. Even with bumps in the road, my determination only increases. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I think it's the sense of adventure the story portrays. The moment you start reading is the moment you embark on a whimsical journey with a lot of unanswered questions. The readers and Roxy will slowly piece the puzzle as the plot progresses. I think there's enough mystery to keep the reader coming back. 

10 do you have any future projects?

I do have many future projects. I have a wip that's over 40k words, I was working on this before I started Roxy's story. I'm also working on book 2 of a story I published "The Lux Establishments: Sectors of Truth".