A showcase with @cradle_life, author of Westbound

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Country Music. I had been listening to a lot of it and different songs started giving me the idea for the plot. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 Portraying the old West in a historical manner while still making it fun and appealing to modern readers. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I think I liked the dialogue the most. There was a lot of witty humor.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Generally I would say I got quite a positive response. It's my most popular story. Though many did point out my grammar, which wasn't always so good parts since I was writing the story in a hurry. But I was very grateful.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

The story is part 1 of a five book series titles Love Travels West

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would like them to know that no matter what has happened to them, they can rise above it and find new hope and meaning to life. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Edit edit edit. And don't be afraid of criticism. Even if it is less then kindly given, glean what you can and use it to improve. At the same time stick to your style and your idea and don't let other push you around. It's s very delicate balance. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Not really actually, except maybe her love for books. I tried quite hard to make her different from me. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 It's a cowboy story about opposites that repel and the attract. I don't know of many who can resist that. Also I love putting in plot twists which makes the story less predicable. 

10 do you have any future projects?

 I have several at the moment. I'm rewriting the Love Travels West Series, continuing with a spin off called Love Journeys South and am about to start a new novel about ships and seas titled Leave Her, Johnny.