A showcase @khionewrites, author A Game of Love and Deceit

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

A cross between the Hunger Games and Love Island seemed really interesting. Everything panned out from there.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 Plot filler. I think every author relates when I say it's difficult to know what to put between key events. You can't make the fillers too boring, but you can't make them too exciting either, or else they'll take away from the main events.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The characters + dialogues

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Positive it seems. I was listed for A-range in the CovenofZodiac's book reviews, so that's something. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 A series - I plan on making two sequels following both of the MC's sisters. Each story will be different and have its own dynamic, and each sister will have different flaws and development. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Strength, I suppose. I made my MC headstrong and resilient - I hope it rubs off on my readers. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Brainstorm. Thoroughly. Don't even start the book until you know every nook and cranny of the plot. Make sure it has the perfect balance of suspense and rising action. Avoid cliches. Be unpredictable. Mislead the viewers with benevolent clues.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Not really - she's much more headstrong than I am. I suppose we both share our desires for independence.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 Its originality. I've personally never seen a book that crossed Hunger Games and Love Island.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes - aside from my sequels, I do have one other planned. A teen fiction that explores the trials and hardships of growing up.