A showcase @LyriaShipphairen, author of Tara, Kayamat-ye-Kumari

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

For this story I didn't had any plan to write it on any writing platform. But this one is something I have been making since few years. Also reading Historical fiction and folklore genres along with supernatural ones are always my favourite. I have read like thousands of stories on this genres already so this gave me motivation to start my own. I also had a liking towards chicklit and always liked my main character as a female who wants to set free of many social barriers gender set in the world for many eras. So this is what inspired me most and I decided to start this favourite story.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Making a mind map and plot can be easy as you can imagine various things and scenes but not so easy when it comes to frame them in words. Especially if it a multilingual type. More importantly the story and it's theories should at least make some sense so that others can enjoy reading it. I mostly struggled with connecting dots and writing in an interesting manner. Many reviewers have advised me to change and adapt different writing style. So it usually takes my time in wording the details to make it interesting.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

My story is a mixture of historical fiction, folklore and other genres. One can see my works and assume what I like most when it comes to genres. I mostly enjoyed writing the scenes of supernatural occurrence and miracles. While action scenes are sometimes difficult but they are also enjoyable when writing and not to forget the scenes of bonding and emotions which I love to play with and write very much.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Readers are always best supporters. When they enjoy your story, it's gives a sense of happiness and motivation. Their comments are most enjoyable and helps in knowing and improving the stories and writings. Many readers loved the flow of writing and the bonding showed in the story. It is a pleasure that they enjoyed swimming in the pool of emotions and being excited for more outcomes. From the comments it is known that they enjoyed guessing while being ready for suspense. Their response is overall highly motivation to me.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

I have a habit to end up making series. But this story I love to keep a stand alone novel. Though in near future I plan to create more of them. But my first historical fiction is surely not in series. I would love to know about reader's opinion on this.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

As already mentioned this story was inspired by chicklit while being a historical fiction and my main character is a strong female type. History surely had witnessed many warriors  and brave female personalities and I respect all of them. Though this story has many messages I want to convey, what I can convey for now is that the strength of one's will and humanity is far better to set free from gender barriers and all are connected by that cosmic energy or soul we have and live by in this world. I also want to convey the beauty of religion as one.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I am always up for advice and guidance as one can always learn from others. I would advise them to not feel too low if the story is not being recognized or on getting writer's block. I have experienced them many times but I always keep myself motivated. A writer's story is their favourite and also their dream so be happy with their story as it is not only the readers who connect with the emotions but also the writer.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

My main character is strong yet sweet type but share few similarities with me. She is quite naughty and mischievous like me. And mostly my love for religious beliefs and songs and mostly my emotions for humanity and supreme cosmos is one we share in common. But mostly what we share is the bond with friends and loved ones. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

There are many readers like me who love historical fiction but something different and interesting to read. I always search for stories that pique my curiosity and interest to another level. The historical fiction mostly read are of old era but I had put a twist of different time and dimension. There are many stories of time travel and they are always interesting to read. But this one is quite different that might catch their eye.

10 do you have any future projects?

Future projects. Yes definitely. My mind is always into creating and making plots and scenes. Currently and in near future I wanna focus mostly on this story as well as my other historical fiction. But in future I would definitely love to start another one.