Chapter 30: Kiss Me Slowly

"Yes."
"No!"
"Yes!"
"Fuck you! No!" I scream at the asshole in front of me!
"Ace for fucking sake! You're coming with me!"
"No the fuck I'm not! I'm going to stay here!"
"Ace just fucking come with me!"
"You haven't left my side in a week!"
"So what! Let's go!"
"Give me your phone..."
He pulls out his phone and questions why.
I dial a number that was familiar to me because she made me learn it just in case I lost my phone when I left.
Xavier watches me in question.
Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.
"Hello?" A familiar questioning voice asked.
"Shelly?"
"Alice? Alice?! Is that you?! Where are you?! You were suppose to call me! How are you!? Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Do you need me to come get you?! Katie says you aren't there?! Did something happen?!"
"Breathe Shelly breathe" I chuckled, Xavier still watching me, "I think I'm in Oregon."
"WHAT THE HELL HOW?! I'm coming to get you!"
"Calm down I'm safe." I sit down on the counter, Xavier still watching me. "I'm safe, I do want you to visit though! It's beautiful here! I live in a loft with some guy -this is his phone- but I have my own room and he isn't crazy. I still have some money" more like all of it "left over, I'm going to live here for a while maybe forever haha, but I'm fine, I'm okay."
"What about college?"
"Don't worry I'm going to sign up next week! Can't give up the dream of being a kindergartener teacher now can I?"
"Of course not, can I still have the address, I miss you so much!"
"Of course I'll get Xavier to send it to you!"
"Xavier? Seems like you finally got your wish, don't tell me he has grey eyes and his somewhat built" she laughed, Xavier grinned. "He would be your dream guy if he did Ace!" And she laughed again.
"Um... No?"
"He does doesn't he?" She questions
"Mmm hmmm."
"Can he hear me?"
"Yeah..."
"Is he hot at least?"
Xavier grins again, "nope, not even in the slightest. You know my type Shelly, he's definitely not it."
"You're lying! Oh my god!"
I really hate her right now, "I got to go, love you! I'll send you the address later!"
I hang up and give Xavier back his phone, "send her the address please."
"Okay" he takes a step closer "but I want something in return."
"And what is that?"
"I want a kiss."
Uh oh.
He leans in and before I can speak his lips are on mine. The Sparks ignites. The kiss was slow, soft, passionate, loving. It was perfect.