Chapter 35

I run towards him and bite him in his leg, hearing him yell out in pain before trying to kick me away from him. I cry out when I feel one of my ribs crack as he kicks me away from him. I shake my fur out quickly before jumping when he goes to tackle me. I swipe my paw at him, clawing him on his arm. He hisses at me as I swipe my paw at his other leg, making him fall on his knees. I tackle him back onto the grass and pin him to the ground with my paws, roaring at him while barring my canines at him. "Melissa don't do it!" I hear a familiar voice yell out, making me snap my head up while digging my claws in his shoulders to prevent him from hurting me. I growl and snarl at Susan as I watch her get out of her car and run over to me. What the fuck is she doing here? "Susan, what are you doing here?" Momma asks her for me, more likely reading my mind. "Merlin told me that he heard Chris and James were heading here because of some rogue vampire. And it's been an hour since I got a call from him so I knew he was here fighting Melissa." Susan replies. I roll my eyes before glaring back down at Chris. Then maybe Chris should just leave me the fuck alone and not threaten to fight my mate or even hurt him because he is clearly here to get more info about the mate bond we have. "Susan, Chris and James came here because of her mate. Her mate is here because he needs more information about their mate bond that they have. He poses no threat to us. Chris is the one who wanted to start nonsense here." Poppa replies this time. "Chris wouldn't do that. He's over Melissa. Chris is doing his job, making sure no one else comes and kills humans." Susan replies. Bullshit and you know it, Susan. "Well, that's a bunch of bullshit because as you can clearly tell and I'm sure James can agree, Chris is here because he clearly still has feelings for Melissa. It's the only reason he is here. He is here to get her back. He does not love you like you love him." Momma snaps at her. Thanks Momma. Susan looks at Chris then me, her eyes slowly beginning to water. Yeah, now you know the truth you fucking bitch. You were just his plaything because he was and still is in love with me.

I shake my wolf head as I take my claws out of his shoulders, howling out in pain when I feel Chris bite my in my neck. I get off of him and fall on my side, shifting back to my human form, shaking and gasping for air. "MUNCHKIN!" Momma and Poppa both yell out as I feel a cold hand on my neck. "Chris, what the fuck?! Why did you do that to Melissa?!?! Are you crazy?!?!" I hear James yell out at him as I slowly look up at Carlisle. "What am I supposed to do, Melissa? I don't want to turn you beforehand." Carlisle says as his voice cracks. If he was a human, he would be crying right now. I slowly shake my head as I feel another hand on my face, making me look at Momma who was crying and sobbing while staring at me. "Christian, get the needle in the kitchen! Hurry! I think we might still have time before one of us has to bite her if it doesn't work!" Momma yells at Poppa while choking on a sob. Momma brings me into her arms as she cries harder, moving my shaking form onto her lap and my head onto her shoulder. Momma rocks us back and forth slowly while mumbling a chant as I slowly close my eyes. "Is there anything I can do to help, Mariah?" I hear Carlisle ask her. "You bring her back to Forks and make sure she stays there. If she comes back a third time, she will kill Chris and Susan. Keep her there and make her happy." Momma says. I feel him looking at me while he probably nods at Momma. "Here honey." I hear Poppa say. "You do it. Remember it has to be where he bit her in one of the holes." Momma tells him. I feel Momma move my hair out of the way before howling when I feel Poppa inject the needle in where Chris has bitten me at. I wiggle a bit in Momma's arms, trying to move my head. "Munchkin, please stop moving. We're only trying to make sure you don't die." I hear Poppa tell me, Momma choking on a sob as she tries to keep me still. "Poppa it hurts. Please take it out." I whine out while whimpering. "I'm done, munchkin. If I would've taken it out sooner, then Carlisle would've had to turn you beforehand from what he said." Poppa replies as I slowly open my eyes, looking at Poppa. Poppa puts a hand on my cheek before taking me into his arms.

Momma gets up, making Poppa and me look at her. "Honey, please don't do what I think you're gonna do." Poppa says to her. "Because of this slut right here, she made our Munchkin get bit by this asshole. She needs to pay for the pain she had caused her." Momma replies while growling, her eyes turning red. Oh shit. "Mariah, if I may, I believe she isn't important for you to hurt her and show her the pain that Melissa was going through. She is already suffering pain since you told her the cold hard truth that she did not want to hear." I hear Carlisle tell Momma, making Momma look at him. Her eyes go back to green before she looks back down at me. I slowly shake my head as I lay my head on Poppa's shoulder, feeling tired. "Alright. I guess you're right. If you need any books about mates, then you could have Melissa talk to Sam Uley at La Push. He should have more books about mate bond with different creatures. Just take her home right now, please." Momma replies as she bends down again, running a hand through my hair. I close my eyes as I quietly sigh, glad Carlisle was able to talk her out of it. And Momma is really hard to convince not to murder someone. "Very well. I will do that once she starts to get better. I also do apologize about this happening. I feel that it is my fault it happened." Carlisle says. "Oh sweetie, please. This is all on Christopher. He couldn't stand seeing you or seeing that she has moved on from him since she was attached to him when they were dating. He just has to get over it." Momma tells him as she looks over at him.

I look at Carlisle as he comes into my view, moving to sit in the grass on his knees. "Are you ready to go now, Melissa? We can leave whenever you're ready." Carlisle asks me. I slowly shake my head, making Poppa chuckles. "Munchkin we'll be okay. If they do anything to us, we can defend ourselves. I promise." Poppa tells me, making me look at him. I bite my inner cheek as I feel my eyes get watery, not wanting to cry. "Come here, munchkin. Don't cry. Your mother and I will always love you even if you're states away from us. Plus we can also visit and stay at your home in Forks if you ever want us to visit." Poppa days as he hugs me. I grip his shirt while closing my eyes, whimpering more. Poppa knows just what to say every time I feel like crying or if I'm already crying. "I love you, Poppa." I mumble into his shoulder. "I love you too, Munchkin. We both do." Poppa replies as both him and Momma rub my back slowly. I sniffle a bit before pulling out of the hug, rubbing my eyes. "I'll call you whenever I get a free chance. I promise. And if anything does happen, please call me." I say as I look at him and Momma. They both laugh at me while smiling. "Of course we will, Munchkin. You take care and live your life, okay? Even if you live longer than us." Momma replies while giggling. I giggle with her as well before hugging her. Momma kisses my head as she hugs me back, feeling her smile against my temple. I slowly pull out of the hug before getting helped up by Carlisle. "Again, I do apologize for this happening. But I do hope when you come to visit us in Washington, it won't be as bad." Carlsile says to them. They smile at him and nod before Poppa gets up, helping Momma up seconds later. I kiss both Momma and Poppa on their cheeks before Carlisle wraps an arm around me as we walk over to Carlisle's car. Carlisle opens the passenger door, helping me into the car.

Timeskip

I slowly open my eyes when I feel a cold hand on my cheek. "Do you want me to carry you inside, darling?" Carlisle asks me as I slowly look at him. "Yes please. I want to just go back under our covers and sleep. I feel like crap after getting an injection in my neck." I tell him. Carlisle chuckles and smiles at me before getting out of the car. I slowly take my seatbelt off before looking at Carlisle as he slowly slides his arms under the back of my legs and the middle of my back, moving me out of the car slowly. He closed the door with his hip before walking towards the stairs, heading to the front door. The front door opens and I watch a worried Rosalie staring at us. "Is she okay? Emmett told us what happened and Edward tried running after her but she was too fast for him even for a timber wolf." Rosalie asks Carlisle. "Melissa is fine. She came looking for me because I went back to Louisiana to talk to her parents to see if they had more books about our mate bond. Her mother said that Sam Uley over in La Push might have some so I'll have to call him and drive Melissa over to get them. But that is happening when she is better." Carlisle explains to her as he walks in, moving my body closer to him. I grip onto his shirt as I lay my head on his shoulder, trying to keep my eyes open. "Rose, was that Carlisle? Is he back?" I hear someone ask from the living room.

Carlisle walks into the living room, everyone standing up when they see me in Carlisle's arms. "What happened?" Jasper asks Carlisle as his face scrunches up, making me hold back a whine when I realize that Jasper can feel my pain. Sorry Jasper. "Melissa came to find me in Louisiana and fought one of her old friends. Her old friend bit her in her neck and her parents had to inject a syringe into her neck as well in one of the spots so she didn't have to be turned beforehand. She just needs rest. I'm going to bring her up to our room and allow her to rest. Please, no one bother me while I am with her unless it's important or about Melissa or about our mate bond." Carlisle says as he walks out of the living room, heading toward the stairs. Carlisle walks up the stairs and down the hallway to our room, opening the slightly open door with his foot. He walks over to our bed before laying me down gently, taking my sandals off. "Do you want me to take your clothes off or just put the covers over you?" Carlisle asks me. I shake my head before moving slowly and laying on my side, my eyes slowly closing. "No, just lay the cover on me. I just want to sleep." I tell him. Carlisle chuckles as I feel him put the cover on top of me before feeling his hand on my head. "Sleep well, Melissa. I'll see you when you wake." Carlisle says as I slowly fall asleep.